If you own a custom domain name and would like to use it for your KW Website powered by Placester please follow the instructions below.
First you will need to aim your domain at the KW Website in your domain store (GoDaddy, KWDomainstore, etc.).
Log into your domain provider account.
*note most domain stores will have their own support team if you need help logging in.
In the domain store account you want to change the A-Record and the CName.
Each domain store is different but these can usually be found within the Domain Name Systems (DNS) section.
Once you locate these sections change the A-Record to point to: 22.214.171.124
The Host should be @ or * (depending on the registrar.)
Change the CName to point to domains.myrealestateplatform.com
The Host should be www.
1. Once these settings are changed in the domain store go to your KW Website back office.
2. From the MyKW home page click the 'Technology' tab and pull down to 'KW Website.'
3. On the KW Website page click the 'Go to my Website' button to go into your KW Website back office.
4. In your KW Website back office account click the 'Site Settings' tab and pull down to 'Custom Domain.'
5. In the 'add a new domain' box add your custom url. *Note use only lowercase letters and be sure to include "www." Example: www.customdomainurl.com
6. Click 'Save,' and you're all set.
For more detailed information about setting up your custom domain name please click here.
For a complete follow through view this video by our training team.
- Email Us
- Call Us at 512.306.7191