MAPS has partnered with Sisu to utilize integrated Command data with robust Sisu reporting functionality. This allows a MAPS Productivity Coach to create custom Groups in Sisu, add agents, and get detailed reporting for lead, contact, and transaction data agents enter into Command.
As you add agents to Sisu, you have the ability to create Groups and add/remove agents to/from those Groups. In most cases, you will want to create a Group for each PC Coaching team in your Market Center. There might also be a situation where you need to create a Group for actual teams that you coach and want to track metrics for.
To Create and Manage Groups in Sisu:
2. From the Sisu Dashboard, click Admin, at the top right of the page, and select Team Settings from the drop-down.
If you are viewing Sisu on a smaller screen, or if you are zoomed in more than usual, the Admin drop-down is indicated with a gear icon.
3. On the left side of the page, click Groups.
1. Click Add New Group.
2. Name the Group, and use the Included in Group checkboxes to add agents to the Group.
- Keep in mind that MAPS coaches will have multiple Market Centers, each with multiple Groups. Make sure you use a naming convention that will allow your MAPS coach to distinguish your Market Center's Groups from others.
- When adding agents to the Group here, remember that you will be able to add and remove agents to/from this new Group later (see the section below), so getting it right on the first shot isn't super important.
- When adding agents, ignore the Coach column, and do not check that box for any of these agents.
There is no save button on this page, once you name the group and click out of that field, it will save to your Groups list.
Edit Group Name and Rosters
1. Find the Group you want to manage, and click Edit.
2. From here, you can edit the Group Name, and use the Included in Group checkboxes to add agents to the Group. to/from the Group roster.
There is no save button on this page, once edit either the Group Name or roster, the changes will be automatically saved.
1. If you need to remove a Group from the list, find the Group in the list, then click Inactivate.
2. A confirmation will appear, click Inactivate Group.
Doing this will not affect any of the agents in that group, but will remove that Group view from Sisu reports.