Opportunities is the system we use to track our current and potential transactions, within Command. Each Opportunity (current or potential transaction) starts at the Cultivate Phase, where you can track an Opportunity before you have even set an appointment, and will be tracked through to the Closed Phase, after being approved for compliance and Commissions. Command gives you the ability to customize your Opportunity pipelines, to allow you to track your transactions in a way that make sense for your business.
When you are on a team, on the Opportunities Dashboard you will see a tab with your team name as the title, at the top of the page, and you might see a tab with your name as the title, if your Rainmaker has not turned of your personal Opportunity pipelines. These tabs indicate two totally separate sets of Opportunity pipelines, with separate stages, checklists and Opportunities.
The team Opportunity pipelines are shared between each team member, so each team member will see the same sets of stages and checklists. Each team member has the ability to make edits to the stages and checklists, regardless of permission level, so it's important for the Rainmaker to stay on top of changes made. When one team member makes a change, in the team instance of Opportunities, all of the other team members will see that change reflected on their end.
To learn how to customize your Opportunity pipelines, follow the steps below:
1. Log in to https://agent.kw.com with your Keller Williams login credentials.
2. Click the Opportunities icon, , on the left sidebar.
3. Click to access your team Opportunity pipelines.
Opportunities: Phases and Stages
The Opportunities dashboard shows you a high-level view of your business, including the number of Opportunities per phase and the volume for each, probable commission based on where each Opportunity is at in the process, and insight into your overall Opportunities activity.
The Opportunities system is broken up into three individual pipelines:
Each individual pipeline breaks down the transaction process into five phases:
- Under Contract
The phases for your pipelines are standard, and are not editable. Within each phase, the stages are editable, and you have the ability to create as many as you require.
Each phase is broken up into stages, which you can fully customize to fit your transaction process. By default, we have added a few stages in your pipeline to get you started. From the Sales Pipeline dashboard, click on each phase to see the stages that have been set up.
Edit Your Stages
The first step to getting your Opportunities pipeline set up, is to look at your business and define each stage of the transaction:
One thing to keep in mind, a stage is not a task. Each stage is a period of time in the transaction process that might have multiple tasks and/or outcomes that will need to be happen before you can move to the next stage.
1. Once you have your team pipeline planned out, you are ready to edit your stages. Click on each phase to see what has been added by default. Next, click Edit Stages, at the top right of each phase to customize.
2. You will see a list view of your stages and a probability for each:
- Use the + Add New Stage button, at the top right of the page to add a new stage (which you will then need to edit).
- On each stage, use the Edit icon, , or the Delete icon, , to control what has been added already.
- When editing a new or existing stage, just give it a name and probability, then click the check mark to the right to save.
- Click and drag any of the stages, up or down, to re-organize.
The probabilities for each stage represent the probability that an Opportunity will go all the way through to close, from this stage. For example, if you are in the "scheduled" stage of the Appointment phase, and you know that only 1/10 of the appointments that you schedule will actually go through to close and get you commission, then add 10% to this stage.
Within Opportunities, you will see a commission total for each individual pipeline and stage. We take the volume of the listing you attach to each individual Opportunity, look at which stage the Opportunity is in (and the probability associated with that stage), and calculate the volume against the probability percentage set up in that stage. We are basically showing you an estimate of your future income, based on the probabilities you set up in each stage.
3. Finally, each stage will have a checklist associated with it. Click the checklist icon, , on each stage, to add or edit items in that checklist. This checklist will appear on every Opportunity, which will allow you to check off tasks that have been completed.
- Learn more about editing these checklists.
Now that you have set up your phases and stages, it's time to start creating Opportunities. Each Opportunity will be attached to a contact in your database, and you can track these Opportunities through your contacts as well as in Opportunities.
- Learn how to create a team Opportunity.
Please sign in to leave a comment.