You can now create form templates in DocuSign Rooms to prefill association forms. If your forms contain some of the same information for each transaction (such as your name, company name, or the same field selections), create form templates to save time.
If you complete the same form in different ways for different situations (for example, cash deal vs. finance deal), you can create multiple templates for the same form. However, template names must be unique.
Your form templates are only visible to you and can't be shared with others.
Once you add forms that have a form template to a DocuSign Room, you will be able to apply the template at any time. Once it is applied, it will auto-fill the document with the information you entered in the template. The details you completed in the template will populate the form and push to the Details page in the Room. The fields on the Details page correspond to fields in the association forms, so information that is added or populated in the Details page will then auto-fill into other forms that include the same field, once they are added to the Room.
To create a static data form template in DocuSign:
1. Log in to www.DocuSign.com with your DocuSign login credentials.
2. Click your initials or profile picture, at the top right of the page, and select Switch to Rooms from the drop-down.
3. At the top of the page, click My Docs.
4. Click the Form Templates tab.
5. At the top right of the page, click Create Form Template.
6. Find the form you want to create a template for.
- In the first drop-down list, choose either Docusign Form Library or DocuSign Form Group (form groups are more organized than the libraries).
- In the second drop-down list, choose the group or library that contains the form.
- A form list displays after you make a selection. Select the form, then click Use.
7. On the form, fill in or select the fields that will be the same for every transaction.
8. Once you are finished, click Save & Close.
After you save the template, it's available in the form templates list in My Docs. Use the options in the Actions column to edit, copy, or delete the template.
Deleting a template only deletes the template. It doesn't remove your access to the form.
Please sign in to leave a comment.