We now have the ability to quickly import phone contacts into Command, using the Command App. There is no set up for this, such as connecting accounts, and there is no field mapping. You simply choose the phone contacts you want to import and bring them into Command with just a few button taps.
- Phone contacts are notoriously messy, many with only a first name or nickname, or that are missing an email address. It's recommended that you clean up your phone contacts before importing, though you can always clean up the data once they are imported.
Contacts imported into your team Command account, in this way, are imported with the team as the owner and the agent who performs the import as the assignee.
Command uses the primary email address and phone number as a duplicate check in Contacts. If a contact with the same primary email or phone exists in your team Command account, the contact will not import here and create a duplicate.
To import phone contacts into your team Command account using the Command App:
1. Log in to the Command App with your KW login credentials.
2. Tap your profile picture, at the top left of the screen, then select your team from the drop-down menu.
3. Tap the Contacts icon, , at the bottom of the screen, then tap Import, at the top right of the screen. A confirmation will appear, click Continue.
4. A list of your phone contacts will appear, in alphabetical order. Use the search and check the box next to the contacts you want to import (you have the option of using the Select All checkbox, if you want to import all of your phone contacts), then tap Continue at the top right of the screen.
- There is no way to map the information to Command, whatever is entered into your phone contacts is what will import into Command. Ensure you clean up the data either before or after you import.
- Command uses the primary email address and phone number as a duplicate check in Contacts. If a contact with the same primary email or phone exists in your Command account, the contact will not import here and create a duplicate.
5. A confirmation will appear, tap Continue. Once the import finishes processing, the "you're ready to thrive" screen will appear with a green checkmark, tap Continue.
You will then be taken to your team Contacts, in the Command App, where you will see the non duplicate contacts that just imported.
Please sign in to leave a comment.