Section 184.108.40.206.7 of the Policy & Guidelines Manual states: An associate is not allowed to change his/her mind about who they list as their sponsor once they submit a Binding Sponsorship Agreement.
Policy For Sponsorship Changes Due To Typographical or Clerical Error
If an individual’s sponsor has been entered into the Profit Sharing Program, it may be changed due to a typographical or clerical error as long as the error is corrected in the system within 90 calendar days of the date the individual originally joined Keller Williams Realty; the 90 calendar days begins on the KW Start Date recorded in the new associate's Command MC Associate Record.
If you selected the wrong associate in the KW Joining Portal, you will not see the option to submit the request. Reach out to your Market Center Administrator (MCA), and they have the ability to submit requests for this reason.
Policy For Sponsorship Changes Due To Substitute/Temporary Sponsor Selection
Section 220.127.116.11.8 of the P&G states: Should an individual’s intended Permanent Sponsor be someone who is not currently affiliated with Keller Williams Realty, the individual must designate a Substitute (Temporary) Sponsor when they originally join the system. If the Permanent Sponsor joins Keller Williams Realty, within the ninety-day grace period from the individual’s start date, the individual’s Substitute Sponsor in the system may be changed using the same procedures as those for typographical errors as outlined in Section 18.104.22.168.7.
If you selected a Substitute/Temporary Sponsor during your joining process, once your Permanent Sponsor joins KW and is active (has to be initiated within 90 days of your Start Date), you have the ability to submit the Sponsorship Change Request through your KW Profile:
1. Log in to https://agent.kw.com with your KW login credentials.
2. Click Your Name, at the top right of the page, then select My Profile.
3. On the left side of the page, click the My KW category, then either click or scroll to the Sponsor section.
4. You should see an alert that your permanent sponsor is pending joining KW. The message will show the date you must submit the request by, once your Permanent Sponsor is active in the KW system. Once you are ready to do this, click Request Sponsor Change.
5. When the Sponsor Change modal appears, use the search to find and select your Permanent Sponsor, then click Send Request.
Once the request is sent, you will see a message here saying that your request is pending:
There are several review and approval steps that have to happen before the change fully takes affect:
- Your Market Center's OP, TL, or MCA must approve the request in Command MC.
- One approved by the Market Center, an email will be sent to your Substitute Sponsor letting them know about the request. They will have 14 days to take action in the email, to disagree with the change.
- Once the 14 days has past, Regional Leadership (Regional Director, Regional Operations Manager, or Regional MCA) must approve the request.
- Once approved by the MCA and Region, KWRI must approve the request.
Once fully approved, the change will hit the system and will reflect in your KW Profile.