Welcome to the new paid ads experience! When creating this type of ad, you will be targeting both Facebook and Instagram, selecting a listing, and featuring up to 5 images, either from the listing or images you upload. This is a Lead Capture ad, which means when a consumer clicks on the ad, they will potentially be captured as a lead using the Facebook Lead Form, and then sent to a website or page of your choice.
- Before you can run the ad, you must first connect your Facebook Business Page (with the proper permissions and add a Credit Card on file. Click here to learn more about setting up for success before launching a Facebook/Instagram ad.
You have the ability to set lead settings for captured leads, including auto-tagging, auto-assigning to SmartPlans and/or the ability to auto-assign the lead to a lead route (if you are using a team account to run the ad), once the lead pulls into Command.
To create the Facebook/Instagram Lead Capture ad:
1. Log in to https://agent.kw.com with your KW login credentials.
Teams (Enhanced/Unlimited Only)
If you are on a team, have either Enhanced or Unlimited permissions, and want to run the ad in your Team Command Account, click your name, at the top right of the page, and ensure that your team is selected, not your personal account.
2. Click the Campaigns icon, , on the left sidebar.
3. From the Campaigns Dashboard, click Paid Ad Quick Start, in the Get Started Links section.
4. Select the ad type labeled Facebook & Instagram / Listing / Multi-Image Carousel / Includes Facebook Lead Form.
1. In the Facebook Page section, select the connected Facebook Business Page you want to be linked to your ad.
- If you need to use a page that is not already connected, click + Link New Page and follow the workflow to connect the page. This will take you out of the ad, so you will need to go back to the Dashboard, on the left side of the page, and select the ad type again.
2. In the Listings section, click Please Add Your Listings and select the listing (one listing for this ad type) you want to promote using the "Column to Filter On" drop-down and search box. Once you select the listing, click Done, at the bottom right of the Select Listings modal.
- Think of this Select Listings modal as a spreadsheet, with the "Column to Filter On" drop-down being used to select the column you want to search. It is recommended to search using the Listing Agent or Address columns, as those give the most streamlined results.
- The Address column only includes the street address, not the city, state or postal code, so tailor your search accordingly.
- This listing search is pulling results from the Keller Cloud Listings service, just like KW.com, though you will see results for Off-Market listings here as well (to facilitate "Just Sold" ad campaigns).
3. In the Targeting section, select the location you want to target with the ad, and the targeting radius:
- Listing Location - this will put the location as the address of the listing you are promoting, with the targeting radius you select.
Custom Location - this gives you more flexibility with your targeting. Enter one or more custom locations to target, which could be a specific address or location (like a park or landmark), a neighborhood, a postal code, a city, or even an entire state.
- Each location you add will have a separate target radius applied to it, using the size of the radius you select.
- Keep in mind, you can target multiple and/or large areas, but the larger the area(s) you target, the more your ad budget is spread over that larger area. That means you will be spending much less per square mile than you would if you kept the targeting area more pinpointed.
4. At the top of the Text section, we need to personalize the Body Text (255 character limit) and Headline (125 character limit).
- When you click in the text box, you will see a drop-down full of Merge Tags that will dynamically pull that information from the listing data. For example, if you select the City or Price Merge Tags, the preview will populate with the actual data from the attached listing.
- Click on the Emoji Icon, ,in the text box, to select an emoji to add to the text.
- Click on the AI Icon, , in the text box to auto-generate text for that text box. Click Apply when ready.
- In the Write with AI modal, click Change Style to select the style of text, then click Suggest With AI to re-populate new text. You can repopulate as much as you need.
- Once you select auto-generated text, you still have the ability to edit any of the text.
5. At the bottom of the Text section, we need to select or upload up to 5 images for the ad.
- Listing Images - by default, the system will have loaded in the first 5 listing images from the listing feed. Use the image drop-downs to select the listing images you want to use for the ad.
Custom Image - click Upload Custom Image, then Select From Media Library, which will open up the custom image selector.
- On the Media Assets tab, you will find images you have uploaded to ads in the past, as well as images from the Designs Applet, in Command. Use the "Corporate" Filter to narrow the list to Command designs.
- Click the Add New Media tab to upload a custom image from your device.
- If you want to use less than 5 images, click Upload Custom Image, on the last image slot, and don't select an image.
|The order of the images within the ad preview can change as you are updating them within the ad creator. This is intended to show that Facebook/Instagram will optimize the order of the images based on user interaction once the ad is live.|
6. In the Post Lead Submission Destination section, choose where you want to send the lead, once they've filled out the Facebook Lead Form:
- Enter URL - you can enter any web address here, including your KW Agent Site, a listing details page from your website, or any 3rd party page you want to link here.
- Landing Page - use the drop-down to select a landing page you have created within Command.
7. In the Lead Settings section, choose what you want to happen with leads when they are captured in Command:
Lead Routes (Teams Only) - if you are running the ad in your Team Command Account, select if you want to add captured leads directly to a lead route you have already created.
- Leads will come in from the ad with the "Facebook Ad Lead" lead source, you will only be able to choose from lead routes that include that specific lead source.
Tags - choose whether you want to add a tag, or multiple tags, when the lead is captured in Command.
- You have the ability to create new tags here, if needed. Just type the new tag exactly as you want it displayed, then choose + Create As New Tag, at the bottom of the drop-down.
- SmartPlans - choose whether you want to add the lead directly onto a SmartPlan, or multiple SmartPlans, once the lead is captured in Command.
8. In the Compliance section, add your Market Center's DBA Logo and select whether you want to include an Ownership Statement.
- If this is your first ad, click Select From Media Library, click the Add New Media tab, select the logo, then click Confirm and Close.
- The next ad you create, the logo will be in the Media Library, ready to select.
- If you choose to Include My Ownership Statement, you can use the pre-populated text, or edit
9. Click Proceed to Last Step, at the bottom right of the page.
Finalize & Publish
1. In the Duration section, use the Start Date and End Date calendar widgets to select the timeframe of the ad.
- You have the ability to create and publish the ad on the same day, you no longer have to wait until the next day for the ad to start running.
- The ad will need to be approved by Facebook, so it can take anywhere from an hour to 24 hours for the ad to publish.
2. In the Budget section, enter the budget you want to spend on this ad campaign.
- The budget is based on $USD currency.
- You can either type the total amount, or use the budget slider to set the total budget.
- Keep an eye on the Daily Spend, which will change based on the duration of the ad campaign. Also, keep in mind the targeting you selected above. If you are targeting a large area, or multiple locations, your daily spend will be spread over that larger area. That means you will be spending much less per square mile than you would if you kept the targeting area more pinpointed.
3. In the Billing section, select the credit card you want to use for this ad.
- You have the option of clicking Add Different Card, and adding a brand new card here. This will also add the new card to your Billing Details, for future use.
- If you have a promo code, click the Edit Icon, , to the right of where it says "Enter Promotional Code," and then you can enter the promo code.
4. At the top right of the page, in the Order Summary section, you have the ability to click the Edit Icon, , and rename the ad. Once you are ready, click Purchase Now, below the Billing Section.