Welcome to the new paid ads experience! When creating this type of ad, you will be starting a Google Search Ad campaign, which a monthly subscription, not a campaign with a specific timeframe. These ads are different from traditional Facebook ads, as there are no images, videos, or listings involved. The backend of the ad is using keyword matching to put your ad in front of consumers who are searching for real estate on Google.
There is no account connection or Google Ads account necessary to launch Google Search Ads. The ads use a global KW ad account to power the ads, but that will drive all traffic to the website or landing page of your choice.
One thing to keep in mind with these ads, this is not meant to be a short term campaign. It takes a little time to actually start getting traction with these ads, dependent on how saturated the local market is with other agents running Google Search Ads. The best results occur when you turn it on and let it run without turning it off and back on.
Because this is not a Lead Capture ad, but a Traffic ad, there are no lead settings and leads will not pull into Command directly from the ad. The leads will come from your website or landing page.
To create the Google Search Ad Campaign:
1. Log in to https://agent.kw.com with your KW login credentials.
Teams (Enhanced/Unlimited Only)
If you are on a team, have either Enhanced or Unlimited permissions, and want to run the ad in your Team Command Account, click your name, at the top right of the page, and ensure that your team is selected, not your personal account.
2. Click the Campaigns icon, , on the left sidebar.
3. From the Campaigns Dashboard, click Paid Ad Quick Start, in the Get Started Links section.
4.Select one of the the ad types labeled Google Search / Attract Sellers or Attract Buyers / Monthly Recurring Subscription / Uses Your Landing Page Lead Form.
1. In the Targeting section, search for and select up to 5 locations (zip/postal codes or cities) you want to target with your ad campaign.
- These locations will not only determine where the ads are targeted, but will also affect which searches cause your ad to appear.
2. In the Destination URL section, enter or select where you want to send people who click on your ad. This is a Traffic Ad, which means it is not utilizing the Facebook Lead Form to capture leads, but is relying on the destination website or landing page you enter here to capture leads.
- Enter URL - you can enter any web address here, including your KW Agent Site, a listing details page from your website, or any 3rd party page you want to link here.
- Landing Page - use the drop-down to select a landing page you have created within Command.
3. By default, there are Keywords already built into these ads that will help put the ad in front of consumers searching on Google based on the terms they are searching. In the Ad Details section, you have an opportunity to enter additional Keywords and Negative Keywords.
- Keywords - specific words that a consumer might use in a Google Search, which would cause the ad to trigger.
Negative Keywords - words that will prevent your add from being triggered, when the Negative Keywords are used in the search.
- For Example, when you add "free" as a Negative Keyword to your campaign, you tell Google Ads not to show your ad for any search containing the term "free."
4. Click Proceed to Last Step, at the bottom of the page.
Finalize & Publish
1. Select the Start Date for your ad campaign.
2. Select the Monthly Budget. This is a recurring charge that determines the total reach of the ad, relative to the market.
- It's recommended to run the ad longer to develop the quality in leads. Payment will be charged 7 days prior to your start date every month.
3. In the Billing section, select the credit card you want to use for this ad.
- You have the option of clicking Add Different Card, and adding a brand new card here. This will also add the new card to your Billing Details, for future use.
- If you have a promo code, click the Edit Icon, , to the right of where it says "Enter Promotional Code," and then you can enter the promo code.
4. At the top right of the page, in the Order Summary section, you have the ability to click the Edit Icon, , and rename the ad. Once you are ready, click Purchase Now, below the Billing Section.