Welcome to the new paid ads experience! When creating this type of ad, you will be targeting not only Facebook and Instagram, but also the Google Display Network and featuring either a custom image or an image from the listing feed. This is a Traffic ad, which means it is not utilizing the Facebook Lead Form to capture leads, but is relying on the destination website or landing page you enter to capture leads.
- Before you can run the ad, you must first connect your Facebook Business Page (with the proper permissions and add a Credit Card on file. Click here to learn more about setting up for success before launching a Facebook/Instagram ad.
Because this is not a Lead Capture ad, but a Traffic ad, there are no lead settings and leads will not pull into Command directly from the ad. The leads will come from your website or landing page.
To create the multi-channel Traffic ad:
1. Log in to https://agent.kw.com with your KW login credentials.
Teams (Enhanced/Unlimited Only)
If you are on a team, have either Enhanced or Unlimited permissions, and want to run the ad in your Team Command Account, click your name, at the top right of the page, and ensure that your team is selected, not your personal account.
2. Click the Campaigns icon, , on the left sidebar.
3. From the Campaigns Dashboard, click Paid Ad Quick Start, in the Get Started Links section.
4. Select the ad type labeled Multi-Channel (Facebook, Instagram & Google Display Network) / Listing / Single Image - All Channels / Uses Your Landing Page Lead Form.
1. In the Facebook Page section, select the connected Facebook Business Page you want to be linked to your ad.
- If you need to use a page that is not already connected, click + Link New Page and follow the workflow to connect the page. This will take you out of the ad, so you will need to go back to the Dashboard, on the left side of the page, and select the ad type again.
2. In the Listings section, click Please Add Your Listings and select the listing (one listing for this ad type) you want to promote using the "Column to Filter On" drop-down and search box. Once you select the listing, click Done, at the bottom right of the Select Listings modal.
- Think of this Select Listings modal as a spreadsheet, with the "Column to Filter On" drop-down being used to select the column you want to search. It is recommended to search using the Listing Agent or Address columns, as those give the most streamlined results.
- The Address column only includes the street address, not the city, state or postal code, so tailor your search accordingly.
- This listing search is pulling results from the Keller Cloud Listings service, just like KW.com, though you will see results for Off-Market listings here as well (to facilitate "Just Sold" ad campaigns).
3. In the Targeting section, select the location you want to target with the ad, and the targeting radius:
- Listing Location - this will put the location as the address of the listing you are promoting, with the targeting radius you select.
- Custom Location - this gives you more flexibility with your targeting. Enter one custom location to target, which could be a specific address or location (like a park or landmark), a neighborhood, a postal code, or a city.
Target My Database (Optional) - turn the Target My Database toggle on, then use the Audience Tags drop-down to search for and select the tags you want included. You can select multiple tags in this way.
- Any lead or contact in your database that has one of the tags you select, on their contact record, will be potentially targeted with the ad.
- This uses the Primary Email Address, from the contact record in Command, and matches it with the email address the contact has associated with their Facebook account. If there is no matching email address, the targeting will not work.
4. In the Text section, we need to personalize the Body Text (255 character limit), Headline (125 character limit), and Description (90 character limit).
- When you click in the text box, you will see a drop-down full of Merge Tags that will dynamically pull that information from the listing data. For example, if you select the City or Price Merge Tags, the preview will populate with the actual data from the attached listing.
- Click on the AI Icon, , in the text box to auto-generate text for that text box. Click Apply when ready.
- In the Write with AI modal, click Change Style to select the style of text, then click Suggest With AI to re-populate new text. You can repopulate as much as you need.
- Once you select auto-generated text, you still have the ability to edit any of the text.
5. In the Media Type section, select/upload an image for the ad.
- Listing Images - because this is a listing ad type, you will notice a drop-down in this section that includes all of the images from the listing feed that you can select from.
Custom Image - click Upload Custom Image, then Select From Media Library, which will open up the custom image selector.
- On the Media Assets tab, you will find images you have uploaded to ads in the past, as well as images from the Designs Applet, in Command. Use the "Corporate" Filter to narrow the list to Command designs.
- Click the Add New Media tab to upload a custom image from your device.
6. In the Destination URL section, enter or select where you want to send people who click on your ad. This is a Traffic Ad, which means it is not utilizing the Facebook Lead Form to capture leads, but is relying on the destination website or landing page you enter here to capture leads.
- Enter URL - you can enter any web address here, including your KW Agent Site, a listing details page from your website, or any 3rd party page you want to link here.
- Landing Page - use the drop-down to select a landing page you have created within Command.
7. In the Compliance section, choose whether you want to include a DBA Logo and/or an Ownership Statement.
- DBA Override - If you select Default here, there will be no DBA Logo included. If you select Custom, click Select From Media Library, click the Add New Media tab, select the logo, then click Confirm and Close.
- The next ad you create, the logo will be in the Media Library, ready to select.
- Ownership Statement - select either Include or Don't Include. If you choose to Include My Ownership Statement, you can use the pre-populated text, or edit
8. Click Proceed to Last Step, at the bottom right of the page.
Finalize & Publish
1. In the Duration section, use the Start Date and End Date calendar widgets to select the timeframe of the ad.
- You have the ability to create and publish the ad on the same day, you no longer have to wait until the next day for the ad to start running.
- The ad will need to be approved by Facebook, so it can take anywhere from an hour to 24 hours for the ad to publish.
2. In the Budget section, enter the budget you want to spend on this ad campaign.
- The budget is based on $USD currency.
- You can either type the total amount, or use the budget slider to set the total budget.
- Keep an eye on the Daily Spend, which will change based on the duration of the ad campaign. Also, keep in mind the targeting you selected above. If you are targeting a large area, or multiple locations, your daily spend will be spread over that larger area. That means you will be spending much less per square mile than you would if you kept the targeting area more pinpointed.
3. In the Billing section, select the credit card you want to use for this ad.
- You have the option of clicking Add Different Card, and adding a brand new card here. This will also add the new card to your Billing Details, for future use.
- If you have a promo code, click the Edit Icon, , to the right of where it says "Enter Promotional Code," and then you can enter the promo code.
4. At the top right of the page, in the Order Summary section, you have the ability to click the Edit Icon, , and rename the ad. Once you are ready, click Purchase Now, below the Billing Section.