There are many details you can add to a contact record within Command. Use the list below to learn more about each field:
Enter the contact's name.
Enter the contact's email address, and label the address as Personal, Work, or Other.
Enter the contact's phone number, and label it as Home, Mobile, Work, or Other.
Mark as Lead
Checking this box will indicate that this is a lead. Unchecking this box, in the future, will convert the lead to a contact.
- Leads are people you have contact information for, but haven't connected with yet. Communication is one-way, offer-based, and focused on getting a response and beginning a relationship.
Add to Sales Pipeline
If you check this box, you will be taken to the Opportunities applet, after you click create, where you can create an Opportunity.
Tags are a way for you to organize your database. Use the drop-down, start typing the name of the tag, and select the tag from the results list. If this is a new tag, you will see a + Create Custom Tag option. Once you create the tag for one contact, you will be able to find it on the Custom Tags results list in the future.
- To learn about the Custom Tags settings page, click here.
Click + Add More Information to get access to more fields
Additional Contact Information
Preferred Method of Contact
Choose between Email, Phone, Text, or Do Not Contact.
Enter any additional email addresses, and label the addresses as Personal, Work, or Other.
- Click Add Email, to add additional email addresses.
Enter any additional phone numbers, and label them as Home, Mobile, Work, or Other.
- Click Add Phone to add additional phone numbers.
Enter the physical address of your contact, and label it as Home, Work, or Other. If this is the contact's mailing address, check the Same as Mailing Address checkbox.
- Click Add Address to add additional physical addresses.
Add the contact's social media profiles. Select the type of social media, then enter their profile ID or handle. The system will auto-fill the social media platforms domain name automatically.
- Click Add Social to add multiple social media profiles to the contact.
Enter a legal name, for the contact, if it is different than what they go by.
Enter a description of your contact. This is separate from any notes you add in the future.
Use the Month, Day and Year drop-downs to add their birthday. This will enable you to add them to the Birthday SmartPlan.
- Click here to learn how to add a contact to the Birthday SmartPlan.
Use the Month, Day and Year drop-downs to add their home anniversary date. This will enable you to add them to the Home Anniversary SmartPlan.
- Click here to learn how to add a contact to the Home Anniversary SmartPlan.
If any of your contacts (that have already been added to your database) are associated with this person, add the relationship. Start typing their name and select the related contact from the drop-down list. Then label the relationship from the relationships list.
- Click Add Relationship if the contact you are entering is associated with more than one contact in your database. You will then search and select the contact before saving the update.
Enter the contact's work information. Start typing and select the company name from the drop-down, then enter the contact's job title.
Select the stage your contact is in:
Label where the lead came from. Use the drop-down and select one of the listed sources.
Everyone organizes their database in a different way, and needs to add unique types of information for each contact.
Click + Add Custom Field to create a field we haven't thought of. Use the drop-down, start typing the name of the custom field, and select the custom field from the results list. If this is a new custom field, you will see a +Create Custom Field option. Once you create the custom field for one contact, you will be able to find it on the Custom Custom Fields results list in the future.
- To learn about the Custom Fields settings page, click here.