The most reliable way to get your contacts in to Command is to import a list of contacts. When importing, you can either use the Command Contact Import template, or you can use a custom spreadsheet and map the fields from that spreadsheet to Command fields. You will then be able to review how the data will pull in before they are added to your database.
When importing contacts, each contact must have at least a first name. If not, the contact will not import into Command. There are some other nuances around how to enter data in the import file. Use the links below to learn more:
To import contacts into Command:
1. Log in to http://agent.kw.com with your Keller Williams login credentials.
2. Click the Contacts icon, , on the left sidebar, to access your contact list.
3. Click Import, at the top right of the page.
Import Using the Command Contact Import Template
(Skip to the next section if you are using a custom CSV file)
When using the Command Contact Import template to import contacts, you will download the premade template, enter or copy/paste the contact information into this blank template, and then upload to Command:
1. In the Upload Files pop-up, download the Command Contact Import template by clicking Download Template in blue.
2. Copy/paste or enter any information you have for each contact on your spreadsheet, into the corresponding fields on the Command Contact Import template.
- For help with copying and pasting data from one spreadsheet to another, click here.
When adding contacts to the Command Contact Import template, there are nuances around how to enter some of the information (i.e. dates, addresses, phone numbers, etc.) to make sure they import properly.
3. On the Command "Import Contacts" window, drop the file into the space provided or click to browse for the file that you saved. Click Import Contacts, once you have selected the file.
4. Skip to the Review & Finalize Import section below to continue with the import workflow.
Import Using a Custom CSV
You no longer have to use the Command Contact Import template to import contacts into Command. Now, you can upload a custom CSV, as long as it only has one row of column titles, and map the fields from your spreadsheet to Command:
The spreadsheet can only have one row of column titles. If there are no column titles or if there is more than one row of column titles, you will get an error when trying to upload in step 1 below.
1. On the Command "Import Contacts" window, drop the file into the space provided or click to browse for the file that you saved. Click Import Contacts, once you have selected the file.
2. You will then see a pop-up where you will map the fields from your file to Command. In the left column, the system will detect the column titles in your custom file, and will display the data from the first contact in the list, as a reference. In the right column, use the drop-downs to select the Command fields you want to map to.
- Click Show Another Contact to display the data from the next contact in the list, from your custom file.
- Click Skip, or leave blank, any fields you don't want to map to Command.
- With regards to mapping physical addresses, selecting the Mailing Address options will ensure you can export the addresses as mailing labels and will also mark the addresses as primary.
- If the name or address fields in your custom files are combined, there are options you can select to account for these combined fields (Full Name as opposed to First/Last Name, Primary Address as opposed to Primary Address: Line One, etc.).
3. Click Continue when you are finished mapping fields to Command.
Review & Finalize Import
1. A Review & Finalize Import pop-up will appear. This will show every contact that is going to be imported and how the data will be mapped in Command. Review the contact import list and click Finalize Import, at the bottom right of the pop-up, when ready.
- If some of the data looks like it is not mapped correctly, click the back arrow, at the top right of the pop-up, and you will be able to fix and re-import.
2. A pop-up will appear letting you know that your import is processing. Click Return to Contacts.
The import can be instant or take up to an hour, depending on the number of contacts you are importing and how many other KW associates are also importing at the same time. If you refresh the page, you will see a Command notification, once the import has finished. Click the Download Log link in the notification to see a report of the status of the import, and shows contacts the system was not able to import and why.
- You don't have to rely on the notification, there is also a way to get the import log report through Command Settings.
it is not working. I try to ransfer 10 person . System reports failed import. The file is empty. Too difficult.
Sorry for the trouble, Hakan. We're creating a Support ticket for you and will be happy to assist you there.
Please sign in to leave a comment.