While PieSync gives you more flexibility and makes the import process easier there is not always an option to sync your contacts with Command.
- Click here to learn how to sync your contacts to Command using PieSync.
The most reliable way to get your contacts in to Command is to use the Command Contact Import Template to import your contacts. This method will require you to add contacts to the Command Contact Import Template spreadsheet, then import that spreadsheet into Command.
To learn how to do this, follow the steps below:
2. Click the Contacts, , icon on the left sidebar, to access your contact list.
3. Click Import, at the top right of the page.
4. In the Import Contacts pop-up, access the Command import template by clicking the word DOWNLOAD in blue.
5. Using the Command import template, copy/paste or enter any information you have for each contact, into the corresponding fields. To learn how to do this, click here.
If you are using Apple Numbers, click here to learn how to do this.
Import Field Considerations
The way that an address is entered on the Import Template is how it will be displayed in Command. If you use an abbreviation for a state name or the full name, either one will be pulled into Command and sync up with the primary neighborhood of the address.
If you put a note in the "Note" field on the import template, that information will pull into Command during the import but it won't keep any formatting like bold, italics, underline, etc.
6. On the Command "Import Contacts" window, drop the file into the space provided or click to browse for the file that you saved. Click Import Contacts, once you have selected the file.
7. The import can be instant or take up to an hour, depending on the number of contacts you are importing. If you refresh the page, you will see a Command notification, once the import has finished. Click the link in the notification to see a report of the contacts that the system was not able to import, and why.