After you create an Opportunity, you can start moving it through the pipeline, adding information, attach a listing, and eventually close the Opportunity (or mark it as lost if the deal falls through). In the article below, we will walk you through how to do these things.
Once you start creating Opportunities, you will have two ways to access them:
Access Opportunities Through Contacts
1. The first is on the details page of the contact you created. Click the Contacts icon, , on the left sidebar, to access your contact list.
2. Click the name of the contact you want to manage.
3. Click the Opportunities tab at the top right of the page, then click the Opportunity title, and you will be directed to the Opportunity details.
Access Opportunities Through the Opportunities Applet
1. The second is within Opportunities. Click the Opportunities icon, , on the left sidebar.
2. Click in any phase to see your Opportunities and the stage they are in.
Move Opportunities Through the Pipeline
As your Opportunity progresses, click and hold the six dots, on the left of the Opportunity card, and drag the Opportunity to the correct stage. If you need to move it to another phase, drag the Opportunity to the correct phase above the stages. This will put the opportunity in the first stage of that phase.
As your Opportunity progresses, you will add more information, associate a listing with the Opportunity, and create/track offers.
Add Information to your Opportunity
Click on any Opportunity to view the details. Click the pencil icon,, on either the General Information or Seller Worksheet sections, to edit the information.
- Learn how to edit the details of an Opportunity.
Attach a Listing to an Opportunity
On the Listing side, when you get to the stage where you have taken the listing, you will add the listing to the MLS, and then select that listing in the Opportunity Details, once the listing pulls into Command. Click Select from Listings, when ready, then find and choose your listing.
On the Buyer side, you will do this once you get to the offer stage, and you will find the Select from Listings button in the offer details (this is one of the first steps in the offer creation process). You will attach a listing to each offer you create (see below).
Offers and Commissions
When you enter an offer into Opportunities, you will be able to create offer comparisons that you can share with your clients. Command will then use that data to help improve your future offers through reports and insights. After an offer has been accepted, the agent can then submit a commission request for the Opportunity. If the deal falls through, the agent can still submit a Commission Termination request, start receiving/submitting new offers, and submit a new Commission request when ready.
- Learn how to create an offer.
- Learn how to edit an offer.
- Learn how to manage offers.
- Learn how to share offers.
- Learn how to download an offer comparison.
- Learn how to submit a commission request for an opportunity.
- Learn how to submit a commission termination request.
After you have created an offer you will need to make sure you have all necessary documents have been signed by you and your client. Depending on your Market Center, you may have to use DocuSign or Dotloop during this stage in the transaction (though you don't need to use an e-sign platform and can scan signed documents onto your computer - you can skip to the next section if so). Before you can create a DocuSign Room or Dotloop Loop, you will have to make sure you have that corresponding account connected to Command in your settings.
- Learn how to create and connect your document management accounts in Command.
- Learn how to create a DocuSign Room for an Opportunity.
- Learn how to create a Loop for an Opportunity.
- Learn how to sync Opportunity details with a connected DocuSign Room or Dotloop Loop.
- Learn how to access the DocuSign Room for an Opportunity.
Whether you are using DocuSign, Dotloop, or any other process to manage your forms and get signatures, you will use Command to add and submit compliance documents to your Market Center for approval. After the compliance have been submitted you, your MCA, Compliance Coordinators, and anyone else who is assigned to the Opportunity can message each other. You can also create and manage custom folders within a specific Opportunity for any of your business needs. Also, if a deal were to fall through you have the ability to create new Compliance checklist versions in Opportunities.
- Learn how to create and manage custom folders in Opportunities
- Learn how to add Compliance documents to an Opportunity
- Learn how to add a one-off Compliance document to an Opportunity
- Learn how to submit Compliance documents to your Market Center
- Learn how to utilize Compliance folder messaging
- Learn how to replace rejected Compliance documents
- Learn how to create a new Compliance document checklist version for an Opportunity
When you have created an offer for an Opportunity, accepted the offer, and the Closed Date falls within the current month, the Opportunity will appear in the Closing This Month Report, at the bottom of the Opportunities Dashboard. This report gives a quick overview of closing Opportunities, showing the Opportunity Type, Sales Price (from the offer, or Commission if different), Commission, and Closing Date.
Once you move the Opportunity to the Closed phase, the transaction will be completed in Opportunities. You will be able to find the details for all funded transactions by checking the Closed phase of your Opportunities pipeline. Closed Opportunities will only show in your pipelines for 30 days, but you can use the All Opportunities search to find them later.
- Learn how to use the All Opportunities search
At any time in the transaction, use the Lost Opportunity button, at the top right of the Opportunity Details page, to close the transaction, if the deal falls through for any reason. This will add the lost Opportunity to your metrics which will eventually give you insight into where you can work to improve your close rate.
If you make a mistake with creating the Opportunity, or are just testing the system, there is a way to archive the Opportunity, without affecting your insights. When viewing your Opportunities in any given phase, click the three dots, on the Opportunity card, and choose Archive.
- Once you archive an Opportunity, you have the ability to restore it back to your pipeline in Command Settings. To learn how to do this, click here.
The system will not let you archive an Opportunity that is in the Under Contact, or Closed phases. You must move the Opportunity to the Cultivate, Appointment, or Active phase to see this option in the tool.
Please sign in to leave a comment.