Before you configure your Facebook marketing campaign, you need to have completed the "Create New Campaign" page and selected Facebook as an ad channel. Click here to learn how to complete the "Create New Campaign" page.
Campaigns is connected to KWLS. When you click Set Up Campaign, a listing panel will appear. You can search your listings and select the one you want to feature:
1. Search for the property you want to feature. You can use the search tools such as the address search and filters at the top right of the search page to narrow your results.
2. Click Select once you found your desired property. This will load the listing details and photos into the form, for you to utilize in the ad.
3. If you need to change the property, click Change Listing and the listing panel will appear.
This information will be displayed to your audience when they are viewing your ad.
4. Click Configure, fill out the information in each field, and click Save Ad Text when you are finished.
You can enter your headline in this field.
The "Main Copy" field will be automatically entered with information from the KWLS listing. You can edit this information.
You can either enter your own description or you can use a generated description by clicking
Use Suggestion. You can also change the generated descriptions by clicking Shuffle.
The character limit for the "Headline" field is 100.
The character limit for the "Main Copy" field is 250.
The character limit for the "Description" field is 250.
You can either use a single image, single video, or multiple images for your campaign - up to six.
5. Click Configure, select the type of Ad Media you want to use, and then click "Select Media for this Campaign".
6. Select your image and click Preview & Crop Image.
7. Set your crop parameters and click Crop Image.
8. Click Save Media when finished. You can also re-crop the image, change the image, or delete the image.
The Facebook content section is where you will choose the Facebook profile and business page the ad will be published on. You will also select the ad type and ad content as well as selecting if you would like to use as well as use advanced targeting.
9. Click Configure and select the page that will display the ad from the corresponding drop-down.
10. Select the destination for people viewing the ad, select the Button Call-to Action Label, and enter a follow-up destination URL or click Choose Site to select a Site Page from the drop-down.
- Button Call-to-Action Label - Facebook has a few options to choose from for your link button. You will make the selection from that drop-down.
- Follow- up Destination URL - This is the website your audience will be taken to. You can use your own site or you can also select a Site Page you've created by clicking Choose Site and a drop-down menu of your Landing Pages will appear.
You must create your Facebook Business Page, before you can create a Facebook or Instagram Social Ad Campaign.
You can select targeting parameter to hone in on your ideal audience or you can target your database. You may also choose both options.
11. Select your target audience, set your location and radius, and select or search for any interests you'd like to target as well.
- Target my Database - You can specifically target your own database by selecting an audience from the "Select Audience" drop-down. If you do not have an audience, you can create an audience by clicking Create New Audience. To learn about targeting your database, click here.
- Target a Custom Audience - Select the Location and Radius of your target audience. The location will be automatically based on the KWLS property address, but you can adjust this through the "Location" and "Radius" fields. You can also target by interests as well.
The ad content will be automatically populated based on the listing, text, and media that was selected above. However, you can choose to customize your ad content for the Facebook ad by clicking the Use Custom Content toggle.
12. Click Save Facebook Ad
Duration and Budget
This is where you set how long the campaign will run and the budget for the campaign.
13. Set your duration and budget for the ad. Click Save Duration & Budget when finished.
- If you change the duration of the campaign, that will also change the daily amount spent.
- If you change the total amount, that will also change the daily amount spent.
Preview Your Ad
A preview of your final ad will display in the top right. Preview your ad for accuracy before you save it. You can also view a mobile preview by clicking the drop-down and selecting the mobile option.
Save as Draft/Publish Campaign
14. Once you have completed and reviewed your ad, either click Save as Draft or Publish Campaign.
Once you save your ad, you can view it on the "My Marketing Campaigns" page. Both "Draft" and "Active" campaigns will display on the "Paid Campaigns" list.