Before you configure your Google Adwords Ad Campaign, you need to have completed the "Create New Campaign" page and selected Google Adwords as an ad channel.
- Click here to learn how to complete the "Create New Campaign" page.
Keep in mind, Google Adwords Campaigns do not use the card you have on file in Command and will not use or give credits on the Payments page in Command. All billing is setup through your Google Ads Account and uses the billing process that is setup for that platform.
- Click here to learn how to add a card to your Google Ads Account.
Once you finish the first step, setting up the initial details of the ad, follow the steps below to configure your Google Adwords Ad Campaign:
Your Google Adwords account will be chosen by default but you can connect to a different account by clicking Connect a New Account.
Enter information in the following "Ad Content" fields to create your ad. As you enter the information in the fields, you can view the "Google Adwords Preview" located to the right of the "Ad Content" section.
Headline 1 - You will enter the first part of the headline for your ad in this field. Completing both are not required, but they can expand your options to provide more information about what you are advertising.
In this example the New Austin Homes For Sale is headline 1.
Headline 2 - You will the second part of your the headline for your ad in this field. Completing both are not required, but they can expand your options to provide more information about what you are advertising.
In this example, the Browse Listings Now is the headline 2.
Final URL - is the entire URL for the link you want to appear in your ad.
In this example, the https://jessica.campbell.kw.com is the final URL.
Display Path 1 - are apart of the final URL and it gives potential clients an idea of where they will end up when they click on your ad. Display Paths are used if the URL you want to appear in your ad has sections between forward slash-marks.
In this example the /1234 after the final URL is the display path 1. This field is optional.
Display Path 2 - are apart of the final URL and it gives potential clients an idea of where they will end up when they click on your ad. Display Paths are used if the URL you want to appear in your ad has sections between forward slash-marks.
In this example the /abcd after the final URL is the display path 2. This field is also optional.
Description - Add a description that highlights what is different about what you are advertising. The maximum is 80 characters
In this example the Find your dream today! is the ad description.
Check with your local jurisdiction to create state/province compliant advertisements, click here.
Keywords - Add add up to 10 keywords that will increase search optimization for your ad.
You can select targeting parameters to hone in on your ideal audience.
- Locations - Search and select the locations you wish to target. You are able to target multiple locations for your ad
- Gender - You can target by gender but it's not required
- Age - Select the age group you want your ad to target. You can select multiple age groups as well.
Ad Placement type determines where customers will see your ads.
Select one of the following from Ad Placement:
- Search Network - Google search results and search partner sites.
- Display Network - Google search results, search partner sites, and Google Display Network sites and video.
- Both - This will include both of ad placement types.
If you select the Display Network option for your ad placement you have the option to use Expert Targeting. If you want to use Expert Targeting, click the toggle beside it. Once you do, you can enter websites that you want to your ad to target and you can also enter in specific phrases that will lead to a user coming across your ad on the internet.
- Click Save once you're finished.
Duration and Budget
This is where you set how long the campaign will run and the budget for the campaign.
- Set your duration and budget for the ad. Click Save Duration & Budget when finished.
- If you change the duration of the campaign, that will also change the daily amount spent.
- If you change the total amount, that will also change the daily amount spent.
Preview Your Ad
A preview of your final ad will display in the top right. Preview your ad for accuracy before you save it.
Save as Draft/Publish Campaign
- Once you have completed and reviewed your ad, either click Save as Draft or Publish Campaign.
Once you save your ad, you can view it on the "Paid Ads" tab.