When a user sends an email campaign in Command, they have the ability to create the list of recipients while creating the campaign, or they can create and manage these recipient lists separately and then easily utilize them when creating the email campaign. Email lists can be used to group together a broad audience of contacts like buyers and sellers or they can be used to group together a specific audience like first time home buyers.
Only contacts that have a Primary Email Address can be added to an email campaign recipient list. If the contact does not have a Primary Email Address added to their contact record, they will not appear in the list of contacts that can be added.
To create and manage email recipient lists for email campaigns:
1. Log in to https://agent.kw.com with your Keller Williams login credentials.
2. Click the Campaigns icon,, on the left side of the page.
3. Click Emails, at the top of the page.
4. Click Email Lists, on the right side of the page.
5. You will see the email lists that have already been created on this page. Choose whether you want to create a list for MailChimp or Command Email (these lists are specific to each email provider), and choose the account you want to associate with the list.
6. Click Create List, at the top right of the page.
7. Complete the form, which is different depending on whether you chose MailChimp or Command Email:
Enter the name of your List.
Enter "from" the email address you want your recipients to see when they receive the email campaign.
Enter "from" name you want your recipients to see when they receive the email campaign.
Select the contacts you want to be on the List.
Enter a note to remind people how they signed up to your List.
Enter the name of your list.
Use the search and Tags filter to find the leads/contacts you want to add to the list. Check the box next to each lead/contact you want to add.
When creating a Command Email list, the amount of contacts loaded initially is 100 and clicking Select All will only select those 100.
To add more:
1. Scroll down to the bottom and click Load More which will load another 100 contacts.
2. Then scroll to the top of the list and click Select All again to select the newly loaded contacts.
8. Once the form is complete, click Save List or Confirm, depending on whether you selected MailChimp or Command Email.
Add Leads/Contacts to an Email List in Contacts
From the Contacts applet, you can only add contacts to a MailChimp email list. If you need to add contacts to a Command Email list, you will need to do it through the Campaigns applet as shown above.
Once you create an email list, you can go to your Contacts database and use the bulk edit feature to add multiple contacts to the list, at one time.
Edit or Delete an Email List
Once you have created email lists, follow steps 1-5 to access the list you want to manage.
- For MailChimp lists, click the two dots, to the right of the number of contacts, and you will see options to edit or delete.
- For Command Email lists, click either the pencil icon, , or the trashcan icon, , to edit or delete each individual list.
Edit MailChimp Email List
1. Select the Edit option.
2. Click the X icon beside the contact.
3. After the contact(s) has been selected, click Finish.
Edit Command Email List
1. Click the pencil, , icon.
2. Uncheck the box beside the contact you wish to remove from the email list then click Confirm.