Tasks in Command makes it easy to see what you need to get accomplished for your business. These tasks come from SmartPlans, Opportunity checklists, or could be tasks that you manually enter in the system.
- Opportunity Tasks populate from the Opportunity checklists you set up in your Opportunity pipelines, and cannot be created manually.
When you create a contact task, you have the ability to associate contacts with the task (if you associate multiple contacts with the same task. the system creates a separate task for each associate contact), set a priority level, set a due date, and include a hyperlink.
To create contact tasks in Command:
1. Log in to https://agent.kw.com with your Keller Williams login credentials.
2. Click the Tasks icon, , on the left sidebar.
3. Click Create New Task, at the top right of the page.
4. If you want to associate this task with any contacts, click Associate Contacts, at the top of the form. In the following screen, use the search to find and select contacts to associate with the task. Click Associate Contacts one more time to confirm that you want to associate these contacts with the task.
- You can choose any number of contacts in this way. The system will create a separate task, with the details entered in the Create Task form, for each contact associated in this way.
5. If you want to designate this as a call task, check the Mark as Call Task checkbox.
- Call tasks are indicated with a phone icon, next to the task name, on the Tasks dashboard.
- The big difference between a regular task and call task happens when you mark the task as complete. When you mark a call task as complete, the system will bring up a modal (see the Mark as Complete section) that allows you to enter notes about the call, and the system will automatically log the call as an activity on the associated contact's Contact Record.
You must associate the task with at least one contact to be able to designate it as a call task.
6. Enter the task name and enter a task description (optional). There are character limits for each section, shown at the bottom right of each field.
7. Set a priority level for the task, the default is None. The priority level is a way to organize your tasks, where you can use filters to view what is most important, in the moment.
8. Select a due date for the task. Click in the Due Date field, use the calendar widget to select the date, then select the time you want to make the task due. By default, tasks are due at 11:59 PM, on the date set, but you can adjust this as needed.
- The system uses Central Standard Time (CST) to calculate when something is past due, using the time set on the task.
5. In the Hyperlink field, enter any links to internet pages you will need for this task. This is useful if there is a web page you want to let a contact know about on a phone call, or maybe you are setting an internal task for yourself and want to link to the resource you need.
6. Click Create Task.
- Click here to learn how to manage your tasks.