[NOTICE] eEdge and all of its components will be turned off to Keller Williams associates as of December 31, 2020. Read more about the change and make sure you are prepared for this transition: https://www.kwconnect.com/page/eedge-transition
Please use the following instructions to successfully import your contacts into eEdge:
1. Log in to mykw.kw.com.
2. Click on View Contacts under "myContacts" in the eEdge control panel.
3. Hover your cursor over the "Contacts" tab at the top of the page and select Import/Exportfrom the drop-down menu.
4. In the box on the left, under "Type of File," select Basic Contact List from the drop-down menu.
5. Click the Download Basic Contact List Template link on the bottom of the first section.
6. Open this file with Microsoft Excel (must be Excel, Apple's Numbers program will not work), then copy and paste all of the applicable information for your contacts into the appropriate columns. For help with copying columns in Excel, click here.
- Do not rearrange, delete, or rename any of the columns or column titles. The template must be left as-is for the import process to be successful.
- To import successfully, all contacts must have a minimum of First Name, Last Name, and Email Address 1, or have a minimum of First Name, Last Name, Address 1, City 1, State 1, and Zip 1.
- Contacts in the first five rows must meet this minimum criteria or the entire list will fail when you try to import. If one of the contacts in the first five rows is already in your eEdge contact database, the entire list will fail when you try to import. If one of the contacts in the spreadsheet below the first five rows is either a duplicate or is missing required information, the import will fail that contact on a one-off basis and accept the rest of the list.
7. Save the file as a "CSV (Comma Delimited)" file type if you are on a Windows OS or save it as a "CSV (Windows)" file type if you're on a Mac OS.
*Note: When you save a spreadsheet as a CSV file type, you will always see a message pop up on your screen:
Click Yes on this pop-up and it will save the file.
8. Return to the Contact Import page. Under section 2, set the "Contact Status," "Contact Type," and choose if you'd like to add this entire list of contacts to a group. If you do not want to add the list of contacts to a group, choose No Thanks in the "Add Contacts to Group" drop-down.
9. Under section 3, click the Browse button and locate the saved CSV file on your hard drive.
10. Select the file and click Open.
11. Check the box to agree to the terms.
12. Click Import.
If you experience technical issues after trying these steps, please contact KW Tech Support.