Some pieces of technology will allow you to upload images but require a "Source" or URL for the images you are trying to upload.
When you are editing your eEdge email signature and are trying to add an image, you will notice that there is no way to browse your computer to directly add a photo. You will see a field labeled "Source," but no browse button.
- If you are already hosting these images on a different site, copy the URL or web address of that hosted image and paste it into the "Source" field on the "Insert/edit image" box.
- If your images are not hosted on the web and you need to quickly get a URL for them, you can utilize your eEdge account.
To host an image in your eEdge account and create a URL for it, please follow the instructions below:
1. From within your eEdge account, hover over the "Create Marketing" tab and choose Marketing Center from the drop-down list.
2. In the Marketing Center under the "Marketing" column, click the Images link.
3. Click the Upload Image button.
4. Drag your photo(s) into the box or click the Select Files button to pull the photo(s) from your computer.
5. Click the Upload button.
6. In the image library, click on the photo link and the picture will open on your screen.
7. Right click or "Command" click on the image. Depending on the browser you are using, you will select "Copy Image Address," "Copy Image URL," or "Copy Image Location."
8. Once you have the URL copied, exit out of that picture pop-up.
9. Click the drop-down arrow next to your profile picture in the top right of the page and select Email Settings from the drop-down menu.
10. Now you can set your cursor where you want your photo in the signature and click the Insert Imageicon.
- Don't worry too much about the dimensions, you can adjust the size once the image has been added.