What is an email alias?
An email alias is a secondary email address that automatically forwards all mail to your primary email account. This is not a new email account, but a second address that forwards mail to your main account.
What can an email alias do?
You will receive emails that are sent to your email alias. You can also "send mail as" your email alias, but you have to set this up in the "Settings" for your primary email account.
For the steps to set up "send mail as" for your email alias, click here.
What can’t an email alias do?
You cannot log in to Gmail with your email alias. All of the functionality and settings for this alias address are managed within your primary email account.
How do I receive email from my email alias?
This is automatic. Once the alias is approved by KW, you will find future email messages sent to the email alias within your existing Google inbox.
How many email aliases can I have at once?
You can have up to 5 email aliases at one time.
Request your email alias:
1. Please review the yellow box below for alias rules. Send an alias request ticket to KW Support at https://bit.ly/kwrisupport
- Request Script to send Support:
- I am requesting a new alias for my KW gmail account. My current email is [your kw email here]. I would like the new alias to be [email@example.com].
2. Our Support team will review your request. We will respond to the request to let you know whether the request was approved or disapproved.
3. As soon as the email alias is approved, any emails sent to it will be found in your primary email inbox.
The address must be a minimum of 4 characters. (This name should be easily associated with your name so that clients can better recall your email address. For agent Jane Doe, firstname.lastname@example.org would be a good choice.) Your address can be up to 16 characters long. Addresses may only consist of letters, numbers, hyphens, periods, and underscores. No spaces, commas, quotation marks, or other characters. Also, we will not approve a KW email address using any of the following: