The great thing about Opportunities is that it allows you to methodically track and manage your current and future transactions. A big piece of this is tracking all of the tasks you have to complete, at every stage of the process. While using the system, you might need to make adjustments to your Opportunity pipeline checklists.
Within the Opportunity pipelines, you can customize the Stages of each Phase of the transaction. Then within each Stage, you can set up task checklist items needed to be completed to advance the transaction, which will then apply to every Opportunity that moves through that Stage.
You also have the ability to edit task checklists for specific Opportunities, which won't apply to other existing or future Opportunities, though this article is focused on creating and editing task checklist templates for the pipelines in general, which will apply to all future Opportunities moved to that specific Stage.
Existing Opportunities have overwrite protection and will NOT automatically update with new versions of a Stage checklist, if they are already in that Stage. This is intentional to prevent an in-progress checklist from being erased and overwritten. Any Opportunity that has been placed in a Stage already will need it's checklist to be manually updated.
To create and edit task checklist templates in Opportunity pipelines:
1. Log in to https://agent.kw.com with your Keller Williams login credentials.
2. Click the Opportunities icon, , on the left sidebar.
3. Once you have your team pipeline planned out, you are ready to edit your stages. Click on each phase to see what has been added by default. Next, click Stages & Checklists, at the top right of each phase to customize.
2. Click on the Checklist Icon, , on the Stage you want to edit.
Add Checklist Items
1. Click Add Item, at the bottom of the list, to add a new checklist item to the template.
2. At the top of the modal, enter the Task Name (required), and select whether to Include in Client Update.
- Click here to learn more about Client Updates.
3. At the bottom of the modal, enter a Description, add a Hyperlink for reference when completing the task, and set a Priority Level (High, Medium, Low, None).
4. Click Create, at the bottom right of the modal.
Edit Checklist Items
To the right of each checklist item, click the three dots to either Edit or Delete a checklist task. You can also click and hold, on a checklist item, to move it to another position in the list.
Designate Checklist Items for Client Updates
With Client Updates, your clients will be sent a daily email, using Command Email, which will include a report of the Opportunity checklist items that you have completed that day.
- Learn more about Client Updates
You will see a Client Updates checkbox next to each checklist item. If the checkbox is checked, when you mark this item as complete, for an Opportunity, it will be included in the Client Update email for that day If nothing is marked as complete, no email will be sent).
Check or uncheck that checkbox, for each item, depending on whether you want it to be included in the Client Update email.
Save the Checklist
1. Click Save, at the bottom of the checklist modal, when you are finished editing.