As agents are creating Opportunities and managing their transactions in Command, they will need to upload documents for compliance approval. Before they can do this, the Market Center must add all of the documents that are needed.
Things to consider when creating your checklists:
- The system does not allow additional, one-off items to be added to the checklist within an individual Opportunity. If there is a document that will be used only occasionally, add it to the compliance checklist and make it conditionally required or optional.
- Documents must be attached to a checklist item to be added to the opportunity within the 3 compliance events (Listing, Under Contract, Closed). Consider all the different documents that are needed for a transaction and ensure all documents have a checklist item. You may want to add a category for amendments, however consider being specific when you do such as Price Change Amendments, Listing Extensions, Contract Closing Extensions, Termination Amendment. By keeping each amendment type separate you will be able to see the history of those amendments easier.
Note: Don't forget the items the market center may upload during the closing process as well, such as the Distribution Authorization (see rule 2 above).
- The checklist order will be the default order that you will see within the opportunity. Consider both the order in which you wish to view during compliance as well as the chronological order of when they would be completed so your Agents can work their way down the list.
- There are custom folders, separate from the actual checklist. These are intended to be used for documentation outside the compliance process such as email correspondence with the client, photos, unaccepted offer forms, or anything else an agent wants to keep a record of.
To add documents and create your checklists, follow the steps below:
1. Log in to https://agent.kw.com with your KW login credentials.
2. Click your name, at the top right of the page, and choose Settings from the drop-down.
3. On the left side of the page, click CloudMORE Settings, then click Compliance.
4. Select your Market Center from the drop-down, then select the Opportunity Type.
Each Opportunity type (Listing, Buyer, Landlord, and Tenant) has a separate compliance checklist that must be created and edited separately.
Create and Edit Checklist Types
With multiple checklist types, create an unlimited collection of checklists for your agents to choose from that help them gather the necessary items for compliance review of their unique opportunity type. Differentiate between transaction types (ex. residential, commercial, or industrial) and/or the unique requirements of transactions that occur across state lines (Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee).
5. Once you select the Opportunity Type, you will see the Select Checklist Type drop-down. Now we need to create the various checklist types that your agents will need to utilize and submit. Each checklist type will have a totally separate set of checklist items.
- Choose an existing checklist type, then click Edit Type. This will allow you to change the title of that checklist type.
- Click Create New Type, to add a new type of checklist.
6. The compliance checklist will appear, click + Add Document.
7. Complete the form:
- Enter the Document Name (required).
- Select the Document Type (required)from the drop-down list (required).
- Choose the Requirement level (required):
- Required - agents will have to add this document for compliance approval.
- Conditionally Required - this will unlock the Condition field, where you will enter the conditions that will make this document required.
- Optional - agents will have the option of adding this document, but it will not be required.
- Add a Note, which agents will see when they are adding this document on their end.
- Click to Attach an Example Document, for agents to reference.
8. Click Add Document.
In each Opportunity type (Listing, Buyer, Landlord, Tenant), follow this process to create your Market Center's Compliance Checklists for every compliance event (Listed, Under Contract, Closed), in each type of checklist. Once you add all of the documents, click here to learn how to edit and reorganize these checklists.