While creating a social ad campaign for either Facebook or Instagram, users have ability to target their database directly. This is done by creating an audience of contacts based on the contact tags that have been added to their contact record and/or the neighborhoods associated with the contacts.
- In order for database targeting to work effectively, ensure that the contacts you plan to target in your database have a valid phone number and/or an email address saved to their contact record.
- Campaigns will use the primary phone number you have added to their contact record (preferably their mobile phone), or the primary email address to try and match the recipient's profile within Facebook/Instagram.
To target your database for social ad campaigns:
1. Once you have reached "Ad Targeting", click the checkbox besides Target my Database.
2. Select the audience your audience from the drop-down menu. If you don't have an audience created, click the Create New Audience button.
Create New Audience
1. When creating an audience you will need to name the audience first.
2. Next, you will select whether you want to target by tags or audience.
3. Then you will search and select the tags or neighborhoods you want to target and click Create when finished.
Your audience must include at least 100 contacts.
Each neighborhood you select must be associated with a contact prior to creating the audience.
Please sign in to leave a comment.