Keller Williams has partnered with DocuSign to integrate their document management platform with Opportunities in Command. A DocuSign Room is a secure, digital work space, where we can store documents and get forms signed. We can then pull those forms seamlessly into Command for compliance purposes. Each DocuSign Room must be created from within an Opportunity in Command, which establishes a secure connection and keeps our data protected. Use the resources below to learn how to navigate your DocuSign Rooms account:
- Click here to learn how to create and Connect your DocuSign account.
To use DocuSign, you will first need to create the DocuSign Room from within an Opportunity in Command. Once you have created the Room, you will go through the Opportunity to access DocuSign, where you can then manage your documents.
- Click here to learn how to create a DocuSign Room for an Opportunity.
- Click here to learn how to access the DocuSign Room for an Opportunity.
General DocuSign Navigation
Click on your profile picture to access DocuSign Settings. Within DocuSign Settings:
- Edit your profile
- Update your DocuSign password
- Edit your contact information
- Edit your notification preferences
- Manage integrations (e.g. connect your ZipForm Plus account to DocuSign)
Access your DocuSign Rooms list, where you can search for and access the Rooms within your DocuSign account.
- Click here to learn more about the Rooms tab.
Access your DocuSign Inbox. Your DocuSign Inbox email address, which can be found at the top left of the Inbox, allows you to have documents sent to your inbox. You can then move or copy them to any room, or your My Docs folder.
Your My Docs folder is the place where you can access all of the forms you have stored in your DocuSign account. These include:
- Form Libraries - include forms provisioned by your Board, Association, or MLS. These should include all available forms, not organized in any way.
- Form Groups - subsets of forms, set up by your Market Center, which are generally organized by transaction type.
- Personal Forms - here you have the ability to add any document from your computer, Box, Dropbox, or Google Drive.
- Click here to learn more about the My Docs tab.
DocuSign Room Navigation
Details - on this tab, you can enter any listing or transaction details. You can also set up the different roles for the Room by labeling Seller 1, Buyer 1, etc., and adding their contact information. The information and roles you add to the Room Details page will auto-fill in your forms, when you create Envelopes to send for signatures and completion.
Documents - the Documents tab is where you will manage all of the forms and documents you will need for this transaction. Not only will you add documents to the Room to get started, and where you will manage your forms, but this is also where your signed forms will be located, once completed.
- Click here to learn how to add documents to a Room.
- Click here to learn how to split a PDF into multiple documents.
People - on the People tab, invite others to your DocuSign Room, usually members of your team who will be completing tasks in the room. Here you will be able to not only invite, but also control the access to forms, and remove Room members.
- Click here to learn how to invite Room participants.
Envelopes - the Envelopes tab is where you will create and manage your Envelopes for this Room. Envelopes are what we use to send, sign, and complete forms in DocuSign. Envelopes consist of a single or multiple documents, recipients who need to complete or view documents, and an email message that will accompany the Envelope, once sent.
- Click here to learn how to create an Envelope.
History - starting from the creation of the Room, DocuSign will keep a log of everything that is being done in this Room, which you can access from the History tab. This is important, especially if you have invited several people to the Room, and they are completing tasks for you. On this tab, you also have the ability to export a Room Summary, and post comments to other Room members.
A DocuSign Room is where an agent will manage the necessary documents for that specific Opportunity. Each Opportunity requires a DocuSign Room to be created in order for the parties involved with the transaction to be able to sign all of the necessary documents.
- Click here to learn how to create a DocuSign Room.
Envelopes are what we use to send, sign, and complete forms in DocuSign. Envelopes contain important information about the recipient, documents, document fields, and timestamps to track the delivery progress. They also contain information about the sender, as well as security and authentication information, and more.
- Click here to learn how to create and send an envelope in DocuSign.
DocuSign eSignature is a separate section of DocuSign that is not connected with Command. You will do a majority of your work in DocuSign with DocuSign Rooms. You can go to eSignature to either edit your signature or create templates.
A DocuSign Tag - also called a Field or Tab – is placed on the document(s) in an envelope and are visible to recipients while they are signing documents electronically. They can include text boxes, checkboxes, signature fields, etc and can be used in many ways. They can be used to indicate to a recipient where their signature or initials are required, they can be used to show data or information to recipients (dates, names, titles) and they can also be used as editible fields where recipients can add information to a document.
A template is pre-set envelope with specific documents, pre-set recipient roles, and fields. Templates help streamline the sending process during a transaction when you frequently send the same or similar documents. For example, if you find yourself having to repeatedly replace DocuSign fields on a document you can create a template instead to save some time.
- Click here to learn how to create a template in DocuSign.