Envelopes are what we use to send, sign, and complete forms in DocuSign. Envelopes contain important information about the recipient, documents, document fields, and timestamps to track the delivery progress. They also contain information about the sender, as well as security and authentication information, and more. Use the resources below to learn how to navigate within a DocuSign envelope:
1. In the Opportunity, access the DocuSign Room that you will be creating the envelope for.
Click here to learn how to access the DocuSign room for an Opportunity.
2. At the top right of the page, click + New.
You will be directed to a page where you will fill out fields of information for the envelope:
3. First, you will need to enter a name for the envelope.
4. You will then add Room documents. To do this click Room Docs, select the desired documents, and click Add Selected when done.
5. Click the Add Recipient drop-down and select the Email Address option.
6. Enter the name and email address of the recipient in the corresponding fields. You can also click the two drop-downs to specify if the recipient needs to sign, view, or receive a copy of the envelope as well add access authentication or a private message.
Email Subject and Message
7. Enter your email subject and email message in the corresponding fields.
8. Once this is done, click Next in the top right hand corner.
9. You will now see the documents you added to the Envelope, with all of the labeled fields. The last step you will take is to make any final edits to these documents. The edits you make to the documents here will not update the forms in the Room, they are only for this specific Envelope. Once you are ready, click Send, at the top right of the page.
Once these forms have been signed, you will see them in your Room documents list, with a Signed status.