As you are working an Opportunity, something may happen to cause the deal to fall through. If you are representing a seller and the buyer you are working with drops out of the deal, or you might be representing a buyer and the seller you are working with might decide to go with another buyer. If this happens, we want to keep a record of the compliance documents that were completed, but you will need to move forward with the transaction and find another buyer or seller.
Because of this, Keller Williams has created a way to create a new compliance document checklist version in Opportunities. This allows you to start fresh with a new set of documents for the transaction, while still having the ability to access the archived documents for the buyer or seller that dropped out of the deal.
To learn how to create a new compliance document checklist version for an Opportunity, follow the steps below:
Access the Document Checklist
1. Log in to https://agent.kw.com with your Keller Williams login credentials.
2. Click the Opportunities icon,, on the left sidebar.
3. From the Opportunities Dashboard, click on the phase, where your Opportunity is located, then click on the Opportunity Title.
4. Click Documents, at the top of the page.
5. On the left side of the page, use the Checklist Type drop-down to select the type of checklist you will be creating a new checklist version for. (Coming Soon!)
6. Next, choose the compliance event (Listed, Under Contract, Closed, etc.) you will create the new checklist version for. Depending on the situation, you might need to create a new checklist version for more than one of these compliance events.
Add a New Version
7. At the top of the checklist, you will see the name of the compliance event with a drop-down arrow next to it. Click the drop-down arrow and select Add Version.
8. Give the new version a name, then click Create New Version.
Access Previous Versions
9. Now that you have a fresh checklist to work with, you can start getting documents signed and added to the checklist, and you can continue working the Opportunity. You can go back to the version drop-down at any time and access all of the older checklist versions you have worked on.