With DocuSign envelopes, you are able to correct or change the details of envelopes that you have sent, but only if the Envelope hasn't been completed. In must be in the "waiting for others" status to do this. These corrections include the recipient's information, signing fields, and document information.
- If the Envelope has been completed, you will need to void the old Envelope, then create and send a new Envelope.
To learn how to correct an envelope, please follow the steps below:
1. Access the DocuSign Room that contains the envelope you need to correct.
- Click here to learn how to access the DocuSign Room for an Opportunity.
2. Click the Envelopes tab, at the top of the page.
3. From the Envelopes page, right-click on the desired envelope, and select Correct.
4. Make your corrections. You can change the documents that have been uploaded into the envelope, edit the recipient's information, and also edit the signing fields.
If you change the recipient information, the recipient will receive a new email that will contain the new link to the envelope. Any links in previous emails won't be functional and the recipient must use the link in the new email.
5. Once you have made your corrections, click Send. You will be directed back to the DocuSign Room where a message will appear, confirming the envelope correction.