The KWRI created My Birthday SmartPlan utilizes the birth date you add to a contact. It will send reminders leading up to the contact's birthday and an automatic text (or text reminder if you don't have a Twilio account connected) on the actual day. It is a great way to stay in touch with your contacts!
You must utilize the KWRI created My Birthday SmartPlan if you want the SmartPlan to trigger based off of the birth date on the contact record. If you create a custom Birthday SmartPlan, it will trigger immediately upon adding a contact or lead.
The Birthday SmartPlan actually starts 5 days before the contact's birthday. You will receive task reminders 5 days, 4 days, and 1 day before the actual birthday, then the system will send an automatic text on the big day, if you have Twilio setup in Settings. If you don't have Twilio setup, the system will skip the text step.
Before a user can start utilizing a SmartPlan, they must go to the SmartPlans library and add it to their
My SmartPlans list. Once it is in the My SmartPlans list, the user can start adding contacts and get it started.
To add a contact to the Birthday SmartPlan:
1. Log in to https://agent.kw.com with your KW login credentials.
2. Click the SmartPlans icon, , on the left side of the home page.
3. Click the Add Contacts icon, , to the right of the Birthday SmartPlan.
4. A list of your contacts will appear in the pop-up. Use the search, filters and sorting, to find and select the contacts you want to add to the SmartPlan.
- The list of contacts in the pop-up box will only display 20 contacts at a time. At the bottom of the list, use the left and right arrows to navigate through the contacts, in the list. You can select contacts, move to another page of contacts and select more, to add to the SmartPlan.
- Filter or search by Tag - click the Tags button, then check or uncheck the box next to your tags, to filter the list by tag. You can also search for tags as well.
- Sort by Name - click the Sort drop-down to choose the order in which the contacts appear.
5. Select the contacts you want to add, click Add to SmartPlan. Using the Select All checkbox will only select the contacts that appear on the current page, not the entire contact list.
6. If any of the contacts you are adding are missing key pieces of information, you will see a pop-up that shows who they are and what info they are missing. These issues include things like missing the birth date in their contact record, missing a phone number (if there is a text step or a step that needs to pull in the contact's phone number using a merge tag), missing an email address (if there is an email step), etc.
- At the top right of the pop-up, you can click Export to download a CSV file that will include this list of contacts and issues. You can use this export to go back into contacts and work to update these contacts to resolve the issue.
- At the bottom right of the pop-up, you can click to Remove Contacts with Errors. This will add all of the original contacts except for the contacts on this list.
- At the bottom right of the pop-up, you can click Add to Plan Anyway. This will add all of the contacts, regardless of the errors it will potentially create. Using this method, you could then fix those exported contacts after they have been added.
If you chose to "Add to Plan Anyway," you will see a link, at the top of the next page, to Review Selected Contacts. This will pull up a list of all the contacts you are adding to the SmartPlan, with an option to remove them from the list individually. Contacts with errors will show the error reason to the right of their name. Click Save Changes when finished.
7. Click Confirm when you are ready to start the SmartPlan.