SmartPlan text messages are sent out within the window of 10am-7pm CST. If an agent attempts to start one at 8pm, although it appears that the text should send immediately, it may be held from being sent until the next day between 10am-2pm CST. Emails do not have a time restriction and are sent out when the email step is executed.
The Promote My App SmartPlan utilizes one HTML email and two automatic or manual text steps, over the course of five days. This is a great way to let your leads and contacts know that you have a new KW App that will take the experience of working with you to the next level!
In order for this SmartPlan to send properly, you must fill out the Agent License Number field in your KW Marketing Profile. There is a merge-tag included, in the first email that will send out, that will cause a sending error if this field is blank.
Before you can start utilizing a SmartPlan, you must go to the SmartPlans library and add it to your My SmartPlans list. Once it is in your My SmartPlans list, you can start adding contacts, which will get it started.
- Click here to learn how to add a SmartPlan to your My SmartPlans list.
To learn how to add contacts to the Promote My App SmartPlan, follow the steps below:
1. Log in to https://agent.kw.com with your Keller Williams login credentials.
2. Click the SmartPlans icon, , on the left side of the home page.
3. Click the Add Contacts icon, , to the right of the Promote My App SmartPlan.
4. A list of your contacts will appear in the pop-up. Use the search, filters and sorting, to find and select the contacts you want to add to the SmartPlan.
- The list of contacts in the pop-up box will only display 20 contacts at a time. At the bottom of the list, use the left and right arrows to navigate through the contacts, in the list. You can select contacts, move to another page of contacts and select more, to add to the SmartPlan.
- Filter or search by Tag - click the Tags button, then check or uncheck the box next to your tags, to filter the list by tag. You can also search for tags as well.
- Sort by Name - click the Sort drop-down to choose the order in which the contacts appear.
5. Once you select the contacts you want to add, click Add to SmartPlan.
6. If any of the contacts you are adding are missing key pieces of information, you will see a pop-up that shows who they are and what info they are missing. These issues include things like missing a phone number (if there is a text step or a step that needs to pull in the contact's phone number using a merge tag), missing an email address (if there is an email step), etc.
- At the top right of the pop-up, you can click Export to download a CSV file that will include this list of contacts and issues. You can use this export to go back into contacts and work to update these contacts to resolve the issue.
- At the bottom right of the pop-up, you can click to Remove Contacts with Errors. This will add all of the original contacts except for the contacts on this list.
- At the bottom right of the pop-up, you can click Add to Plan Anyway. This will add all of the contacts, regardless of the errors it will potentially create. Using this method, you could then fix those exported contacts after they have been added.
If you chose to "Add to Plan Anyway," you will see a link, at the top of the next page, to Review Selected Contacts. This will pull up a list of all the contacts you are adding to the SmartPlan, with an option to remove them from the list individually. Contacts with errors will show the error reason to the right of their name. Click Save Changes when finished.
7. Select when you want the SmartPlan to start:
- Start all now - If you select this option, the first step of the SmartPlan will begin immediately, as soon as you confirm.
- For example, if you add 20 contacts to the Quarterly Call Plan, you will get 20 phone call reminders immediately.
- Start all on the following date - If you select this option, use the calendar widget to choose a date to start the SmartPlan on.
- For example, if you add 20 contacts to the Monthly Neighborhood Nurture SmartPlan, all of the initial emails will be sent on the date you choose.
- Stagger over the next few days - If you select this option, choose the maximum number of contacts, to distribute into the SmartPlan, per day.
- For example, if you add 20 contacts to the Quarterly Call Plan and choose a maximum of 5 contacts per day, you will get 5 call reminders today, 5 call reminders tomorrow, 5 call reminders on the third day, and 5 call reminders on the fourth day.
8. Click Confirm when you are ready to start the SmartPlan.