Once you have attached documents to the checklists in an Opportunity, you now have the ability to export those documents as a ZIP file.
- ZIP file - a computer file whose contents of one or more files are compressed for storage or transmission, often carrying the extension .ZIP.
You have the ability to create password protection around this ZIP file. Anyone trying to extract the documents from this ZIP file will have to have this password. In this way, you can safely send these files to whomever needs them, even if you attach the file to an email and send.
That being said, there is also a way to automatically email the imported files to anyone you want. If you choose, you can enter email addresses into the export documents popup. The system will force you to password protect the export. As soon as it downloads, it will send two emails to those email addresses. The first email will show the password you set for accessing the exported docs, and the second email will include a link to download the ZIP files (the link to download will expire after 7 days).
To export documents attached to an Opportunity:
1. Log in to https://agent.kw.com with your Keller Williams login credentials.
2. Click the Opportunities icon, , on the left sidebar.
3. From the Opportunities Dashboard, click on the phase, where your Opportunity is located, then click on the Opportunity Name.
4. Click Documents, at the top of the page.
5. Click the three dots, at the top right of the checklist, then choose Export Documents, from the drop-down.
6. In the Export Documents form, first choose whether you want to protect the exported documents with a password.
- If you don't, you can skip this step.
- If you do, check the box labeled "I want to protect documents with a password," and create your password.
If you choose to email the exported documents through the workflow shown below, you will be required to set a password for the export file.
7. Select the documents you want to export:
- If you want to export every document in all three compliance events, check the Export All Documents Checkbox.
- If you only want to export specific documents, use the arrows in the Folders section to find the documents you are looking for and check the box next to each document or folder you want to export.
- You can also export old document versions and documents within custom folders as well.
8. If you do not want to email the exported documents, click Export, at the bottom of the form, when you are ready to export.
Email the Exported Documents
1. If you want to email the exported documents, check the Send documents directly to a client(s) checkbox.
2. A password is required for emailing exported documents. If you haven't already done so, enter a password for the export.
3. Now enter the email address(es) you want to email the export to. As you start typing in the Client Email field, if the email address matches an email from your contact database, you can quick select from the drop-down. If not, click to Create the email address (it doesn't add to your database, just to this specific export). Click Next, once you have entered all of the email addresses you want to send the export to.
4. A confirmation will appear. If everything looks accurate, click Send Documents.
Two emails will be sent. The first will display the password, the second will include the link to click in order to actually download the Zip File. Once the file is downloaded, you or anyone you send this file to will have to enter the password you created to actually access the file.
Access the Exported Documents
Once you export, keep in mind that it might take a bit for the system to prepare the ZIP file, depending on the number and/or size of documents included. You will get a Command notification once it is ready, though you will need to refresh the page to see this, and it is through this notification that you will actually download the ZIP file:
Click on the Notification icon, , at the top right of the page, to view your notifications. Find the notification that says "Your files for <Opportunity Name> are ready to download" and click Download Files, to download to your computer.
Once the file is downloaded, you or anyone you send this file to will have to enter the password you created (if you chose to password protect the file) to actually access the file.
Please sign in to leave a comment.