Client updates are a great way for you to keep your clients informed of the progress you are making, when working through an Opportunity. Start with setting general email preferences, then choose the Opportunity checklist items you want to include on the client update emails. Your clients will be sent a daily email, using Command Email, which will include a report of the Opportunity checklist items that you have completed that day. Once you set your default preferences and checklist items, you can then edit the email preferences for individual Opportunities, and you will be able to include or exclude specific checklist items for a specific Opportunity.
- Learn how to customize your display name and the reply-to email address, for Command Email
- Learn how to track your monthly Command Email usage
- Learn how to make changes to your Command Email subscription
There are a few different settings when you on a team and want to set up Client Updates. Click here to learn how to set up Client Updates for your team Opportunities.
By default, no client update emails will be sent. For the emails to trigger:
To set up client updates for your Opportunities:
1. Log in to https://agent.kw.com with your Keller Williams login credentials.
2. Click the Opportunities icon, , on the left sidebar.
Set Your Default Daily Email Preferences
When you set the default daily email preferences, these preferences will apply to every Opportunity in your pipeline that has Client Updates enabled:
1. At the top right of the Opportunities Dashboard, click the Gear icon, .
2. Client updates will be sent once a day, as long as a checklist item was completed that day. In the "Send At" section, choose the time of day you want the client update emails sent. The time you set is based on the Central Standard Timezone, so calculate accordingly.
3. Skip the "Send From" section, this is for setting up Client Updates for teams.
4. In the "Send To" section, select who you want to send the client update emails to.
- Client and Co-Client - client updates will be sent to both the primary contact associated with the Opportunity, and the co-seller/co-buyer.
- Primary Client Only - client updates will be sent only to the primary contact associated with the Opportunity.
5. In the "Also Send To" section, choose if you want to be send a copy of the Client Update email. Check the Owner box if you want a copy, uncheck if you do not.
6. Click Save Changes, at the bottom right of the page.
Select Default Opportunity Checklist Items to Include
When you set the default Opportunity checklist items to include, you will be setting the template for all of your client update emails, meaning these are the checklist items that will be sent in the update, for every Opportunity:
1. Click on the phase you want to add a checklist to, on the Opportunities dashboard.
2. Click Edit Stages, at the top right of the page.
3. Click the checklist icon, , on the stage you want to edit.
4. Hover over the checklist item and check the Client Update checklist checkbox, if you want to include that item in the client update email, once the item is completed.
5. Click Save, once you have selected all of the checklist items you want to include in the client update emails, once completed.
6. Repeat steps 1-5, for every stage, in every phase, of your Opportunity pipeline.
Edit the Client Update Preferences for a Specific Opportunity
Once you set your defaults, you might find that you need to change some of your preferences for an individual Opportunity. This could include when the email is sent each day, and who receives the client update for the specific Opportunity in question:
1. Find and click on the Opportunity Name of the Opportunity you want to edit the daily email preferences for.
2. At the top right of the page, click the Client Updates button.
You will notice that the Opportunity Name shows at the top left of the pop-up, this is how you will know that you are editing the preferences for this specific Opportunity.
3. Use the toggle, at the top left of the page, to turn client updates on and off, for this specific Opportunity. By default, this is turned off for all Opportunities.
4. You can also edit this Opportunity's daily email preferences on this page:
- Change the time at which these updates will be sent.
- Check or uncheck the box next to each each person's name to add or remove them from the email.
- Use the drop-down, to the right of each email address, to choose whether they will be sent the email directly (in the "To" line), CC'd, or BCC'd, once sent.
6. Click Save Changes, at the bottom right of the page, once you are done editing the preferences.
Add One-off Opportunity Checklist Items to Include
You might need to include or exclude specific checklist items, in your client updates for a specific Opportunity. If you create any one-off checklist items, that only apply to one Opportunity, you can include these in client updates as well:
1. Find the Opportunity, in your Opportunity pipeline, and click the checklist icon, , on the Opportunity card.
2. Hover over the checklist item and check the Client Update checklist checkbox, if you want to include that item in this Opportunity's client update email, once the item is completed. You can do this for a new, one-off checklist item as well.
These changes save in real time, so there is no save button, unless you are creating a new, one-off checklist item.