When working with DocuSign Support to troubleshoot an issue happening on the DocuSign platform, their support team may request a .har log file. This is essentially a technical log of the background stuff happening on the website while you're doing something. Their engineering team is able to look through it and find potential issues. This Guide will show how to record and save one so that it can be sent to KW Support or DocuSign support. These directions are for Google Chrome, which is the browser that we officially recommend using for DocuSign and Command. Make sure to use Google Chrome version 76 or higher as older versions are not supported.
- click on the three dots on the top right of Google Chrome, and then click on "More Tools"and then "Developer Tools"
- This will open a side panel on the right side of the screen and should automatically start recording the log. If the red light on the top left is on then it's recording.
- With the side panel open and the red light on do whatever action was causing the error within DocuSign
- Once you have completed the action and re-created the error or problem, then you need to save the recorded log.
Depending on your screen size, the export button may be in a different location as seen here:
- Save the file to your computer and upload it to DocuSign Support or attach to our tickets as needed. These log files can sometimes be very large, in which case it can be uploaded to drive.google.com for sharing instead.
Article is closed for comments.