Rainmakers now have the ability to add admins to Command. These are admins that aren't in the Keller Williams system (if the admin is in your Market Center, they should be added to the team roster in the Teams Administration Tool), but have been created by the Rainmaker of the team, in Command.
That being said, we wanted to give Market Center leadership a heads up, once these accounts are created, and we wanted to give MCAs and Assistant MCAs a way to remove an admin, at any time. There could be many reasons for this, but if you need to remove an admin, you can.
Now, when a Rainmaker creates a new admin, an email alert will be sent to MC leaders with the following roles: OP, MCA, TL, Assistant MCA, Assistant TL, Productivity Coach, MC Broker, MC Investor and MC Tech Coordinator, which will be sent to the email address they have entered in their KW White Pages profile. This email alert will let you know the details around the new admin. These new admin accounts will not activate for 72 hours, so you have time to review. In addition, you have access to a new team management settings page, in Command, where you can see team members (including these admins) and you have the ability to remove admins at any time. Keep in mind, even though all MC leadership will receive the email alert, only leaders with the MCA, Assistant MCA and MC Leader role, on their KW White Pages profile, will have the option to remove admins.
To remove team guest user admins in Command MC:
1. Log in to https://agent.kw.com with your KW login credentials.
2. Click your name, at the top right of the page, and choose Settings from the drop-down.
3. On the left side of the page, click CommandMC Settings, then click MC Team Management.
4. Click the Guests tab, at the top of the page.
You will then see a list of every guest user admin that has been created by a team in your Market Center, along with their system information.
- Guest - this column shows the name of the guest user admin, with their email address underneath. Keep in mind, multiple teams might use the same guest user admin, so you might see the same admin show here multiple times.
- User Name - this indicates the guest user admin's Command user name.
- Added By - This will show the Rainmaker who created the guest user admin, and the team the admin was created under.
- Start Date - this is the date the Rainmaker created the guest user admin account.
5. To the right of their Start Date, click the trash can icon, , when you want to remove them.
6. A confirmation will appear, click Remove Member.
That will remove the admin account from the system immediately. You can now alert the Rainmaker of the team that you removed a guest user admin from their team.