Opportunities is the system we use to track our current and potential transactions, within Command. Each Opportunity (current or potential transaction) starts at the Cultivate Phase, where you can track an Opportunity before you have even set an appointment, and will be tracked through to the Closed Phase, after being approved for compliance and Commissions. The Opportunities applet allows you to track everything involved with the transaction, from activity checklists and offer management, to potential commission income and compliance.
Use the following resources to get familiar with Opportunities:
Customize Your Opportunity Pipelines and Checklists
Before you begin creating Opportunities, be sure to customize your Opportunity Pipelines before hand. You are able to add, remove, and also rename Opportunity Stages to fit the needs of your business. You can also add, remove, and rename checklist items for each Stage within each Opportunity Pipeline.
- Learn how to customize your Opportunity Pipelines
- Learn how to edit Opportunity checklists
- Learn how to manage Opportunity checklists
Set Up Client Updates for Your Opportunities
Client updates are a great way for you to keep your clients informed of the progress you are making, when working through an Opportunity. Your clients will be sent a daily email, using Command Email, which will include a report of the Opportunity checklist items that you have completed that day. Once you set your default preferences and checklist items, you can then edit the email preferences for individual Opportunities, and you will be able to include or exclude specific checklist items for a specific Opportunity.
- Learn how to set up client updates for your Opportunities
Create an Opportunity
Once you have customized your Opportunity Pipelines and Checklists, you can start creating Opportunities.
- Learn how to create an Opportunity
Mark an Opportunity as Lost or Archive an Opportunity
As you create and manage Opportunities in Command, an Opportunity, or deal, that you are working might fall through, or you might make a mistake and have to recreate the Opportunity. In these cases, we have two ways to remove these Opportunities:
- Mark an Opportunity as Lost - if the Opportunity you are working falls through for any reason, you have the ability to mark it as lost. Using AI, we are working to build insights around lost Opportunities that will eventually help you identify when and why deals are falling through.
- Archive an Opportunity - if you make a mistake and have to recreate an Opportunity or if you put some test Opportunities in the system that you want to remove, you can archive Opportunities to remove them without affecting any future insights.
- Learn how to mark an Opportunity as lost or archive an Opportunity
Edit Details of Opportunity
Once your Opportunity is created, you can edit the Opportunity details at any time. If your Opportunity is for a listing, you can add it to the Opportunity after you've taken the listing and it has been added to the MLS.
Move Opportunities Through the Pipeline
As your Opportunity progresses, click and hold the six dots, on the left of the Opportunity card, and drag the Opportunity to the correct stage. If you need to move it to another phase, drag the Opportunity to the correct phase above the stages. This will put the opportunity in the first stage of that phase.
Offers and Commissions
When you enter an offer into Opportunities, you will be able to create offer comparisons that you can share with your clients. Command will then use that data to help improve your future offers through reports and insights. After an offer has been accepted, the agent can then submit a commission request for the Opportunity. If the deal falls through, the agent can still submit a Commission Termination request, start receiving/submitting new offers, and submit a new Commission request when ready.
- Learn how to create an offer
- Learn how to edit an offer
- Learn how to manage offers
- Learn how to share offers
- Learn how to download an offer comparison
- Learn how to submit a commission request for an opportunity
- Learn how to submit a commission termination request
After you have created an offer you will need to make sure you have all necessary documents have been signed by you and your client. Depending on your Market Center, you may have to use DocuSign or Dotloop during this stage in the transaction (though you don't need to use an e-sign platform and can scan signed documents onto your computer - you can skip to the next section if so). Before you can create a DocuSign Room or Dotloop Loop, you will have to make sure you have that corresponding account connected to Command in your settings.
- Learn how to create and connect your document management accounts in Command
- Learn how to create a DocuSign Room for an Opportunity
- Learn how to create a Loop for an Opportunity
- Learn how to sync Opportunity details with a connected DocuSign Room or Dotloop Loop
- Learn how to access the DocuSign Room for an Opportunity
Whether you are using DocuSign, Dotloop, or any other process to manage your forms and get signatures, you will use Command to add and submit compliance documents to your Market Center for approval. After the compliance have been submitted you, your MCA, Compliance Coordinators, and anyone else who is assigned to the Opportunity can message each other. You can also create and manage custom folders within a specific Opportunity for any of your business needs. Also, if a deal were to fall through you have the ability to create new Compliance checklist versions in Opportunities.
- Learn how to create and manage custom folders in Opportunities
- Learn how to add Compliance documents to an Opportunity
- Learn how to add a one-off Compliance document to an Opportunity
- Learn how to submit Compliance documents to your Market Center
- Learn how to utilize Compliance folder messaging
- Learn how to replace rejected Compliance documents
- Learn how to create a new Compliance document checklist version for an Opportunity
When you have created an offer for an Opportunity, accepted the offer, and the Closed Date falls within the current month, the Opportunity will appear in the Closing This Month Report, at the bottom of the Opportunities Dashboard. This report gives a quick overview of closing Opportunities, showing the Opportunity Type, Sales Price (from the offer, or Commission if different), Commission, and Closing Date.
Once you move the Opportunity to the Closed phase, the transaction will be completed in Opportunities. You will be able to find the details for all funded transactions by checking the Closed phase of your Opportunities pipeline. Closed Opportunities will only show in your pipelines for 30 days, but you can use the All Opportunities search to find them later.
- Learn how to use the All Opportunities search