Keller Williams has partnered with Twilio to enable agents to send text messages to contacts through Command. This is done by purchasing a monthly subscription plan of credits, with any unused credits rolling over to the next month. Command will automatically track usage and the Command App will send notifications of responses. You can also track your usage of Twilio in the Command Settings.
- Once you start getting close to your credit limit for the month, you will receive notifications to let you know. You will receive both a Command and email notification when you reach 80%, 85%, 90%, and 95% of your monthly usage.
- If you hit your limit you have the ability to upgrade your credit subscription, in the KW Marketplace, which will give you the ability to send more text messages each month.
- Twilio credits will rollover to the next month if you do not use them all during the current month.
Purchasing and setting up your Twilio account is a two step process. This article covers step 1, which is actually purchasing the subscription. Once you purchase a subscription, you will need to set up a number, and there are two options for this:
To purchase a Twilio subscription in the KW Marketplace:
1. Log in to https://agent.kw.com with your Keller Williams login credentials.
2. At the top right of the page, click your Name, then select Settings from the drop-down.
3. Scroll down the list and find the Twilio connection. Click Subscribe in Marketplace.
4. In the top right hand corner, ensure that your personal Marketplace account option has been selected. If your market center or team name is showing you need to switch it to your name.
- If you had to switch to your personal account, the system will route you to the Marketplace homepage. Click the back button to go back to the Twilio product page, with the correct account selected.
5. At the top right of the page, click Buy Now.
6. Choose the number of credits you want to receive each month and click Continue.
- Learn more about Twilio credits and the cost of sending text messages.
8. Enter your billing details, if you haven't already, and click Continue.
9. Check the Terms of Service, Privacy and Refund policies box and click Place Order.
You will be directed to the order receipt on the next page. Once you have a subscription, you need to go to Command Settings and configure your account:
- Option 1 - If had previously had Twilio connected in Command settings, there is a path for you to transfer your current Twilio number into your Command Twilio account. If you do not transfer over your current Twilio number into your Command Twilio account, you will not be able to send text messages from Command.
- Option 2 - If you have never used Twilio before, there is a path for you to create a brand new account, where you will be able to customize your new number in the setup process. If you do not set up a new number, you will not be able to send text messages from Command.