When using DocuSign with Command, we generally use DocuSign Rooms, which does not support in-person signing. That being said, we do have a way for you to set this up, where you can create the DocuSign Envelope in your Room, save the Envelope, and then do the in-person signing through the eSignature section of DocuSign's system.
To learn how to set up in-person signing for a DocuSign Envelope, follow the steps below:
1. In the Opportunity, access the DocuSign Room that you will be creating the Envelope for.
- Click here to learn how to access the DocuSign room for an Opportunity.
2. Add all of the required forms to the Documents tab of the DocuSign Room.
- Click here to learn how to add forms/documents to a DocuSign Room.
3. From the Documents tab, select the form(s) you want to be completed and signed, then click the Create Envelope icon, .
- Check the box at the top left of a form to select it. You can select any number of forms in this way.
4. A pop-up will appear with a list of all possible roles that were detected on the selected forms. Select the recipient role(s) that will need to be added to the Envelope, then click Continue.
Add Documents to the Envelope
1. The forms you selected will appear at the top of the Envelope. From here, you can click on the three dots, at the bottom right of any added document, and you will see options for managing that document:
- Set as Supplement - you can use supplemental documents to provide additional information to recipients that does not require signature, such as legal disclosures, or terms and conditions.
- Apply Templates - if you have set up a template for this specific document, you can find and apply it here. See the note below for more information.
- Replace - this allows you to search your device for a different document to replace this one with. If you need to replace it with a document from a different source, delete this document, and use the workflow below to add a new one.
- Download Document - this triggers a download to your device with a PDF version of this document.
- Rename Document - this allows you to rename the document. The original will stay in the Documents tab of the Room, but will create a separate PDF version of this document, with the new name, also saved to the Room.
- Delete Document - this allows you to remove the document from the Envelope.
- View Document - this allows you to view the document, with any Room Details auto-filled.
2. You also have options to add additional forms or documents:
- Add Room Documents - add a form or document that has already been added to the Documents tab of the Room.
- Use a Template - if you have set up a template for this specific document, you can find and apply it here. See the note below for more information.
- Upload - this gives options to upload documents from your device, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, or Microsoft OneDrive.
Use a Template
Templates help streamline the sending process when you frequently send the same or similar documents, or send documents to the same group of people. Templates allow you to add/edit signing fields, for a specific document, and save the configuration for later. To use an existing template in the Envelope:
Add Recipients to the Envelope
You will see a recipient added for each role you selected when you created the Envelope. If you added or synced details for these specific roles in the Details Tab of the Room, their name and email will auto-populate here, and additional details you added will auto-populate corresponding fields in the documents added to the Envelope.
1. If you selected a role that has no information added to it in the Details tab of the Room, it will appear blank in the recipients list. From here you can click the Contacts icon, , in the Name field, where you have a few options for associating someone with this recipient role:
- Room Participants - select from a list of people added to the Room.
- Room Contacts - select from a list of people added to roles in the Details tab of the Room. You have the ability to save the Envelope for later, add the role details, then come back into the Envelope to use this option.
- Address Book - select from your DocuSign Address Book.
- Directory - select from the directory of KW Associates who have KW DocuSign accounts.
2. If you need to add additional people to the Envelope, click Add Recipient at the bottom of the list, and use the options shown in the previous step to choose who to add.
- You also have the ability to use DocuSign's Bulk Send feature, which allows senders to easily send a standardized document to many recipients at one time through a spreadsheet import process.
3. For each added recipient, click Needs To Sign and select In Person Signer. This opens up two new fields where you will enter the name and email address of the host of the signing session.
4. If your Envelope has more than one recipient, you can choose to set a signing order. The signing order lets you control the order in which your recipients sign your documents during the in-person signing process.
- Use the drag and drop functionality to click and move the recipients in the order you want them, or edit the number next to a recipient, where you can add the same signing order number to multiple recipients for parallel routing.
Message to All Recipients
1. At the bottom of the page, enter the Email Subject and Email Message that will be included in the email notification that goes out to recipients, when it is their turn to take action.
Make Final Edits to Fields in the Documents
1. Once you have set up the details of the Envelope, you will have an opportunity to review the fields on each form included, where you can add or edit fields based on the needs of the transaction. Click Next, at the top right of the page.
2. You will now see the documents you added to the Envelope, with all of the labeled fields. The last step you will take is to make any final edits or additions to these documents. The edits you make to the documents here will not update the forms in the Room, they are only for this specific Envelope.
3. Once you are ready, at the top right of the page you have two options for sending the Envelope:
- To send the Envelope immediately, click Send. The Envelope will be sent immediately, and once these forms have been signed, you will see them in your Room documents list with a Signed status.
- To schedule the Envelope to send at a later date, click the down arrow next to the Send button, and select Send Later. See the next step to continue.
4. If you selected the Send Later option, a pop-up will appear where you can select the date and time you want the Envelope to be sent. Once it is sent and these forms have been signed, you will see them in your Room documents list with a Signed status.
Sign the Forms
1. Once the host of the signing hits Send, a screen that will appear that shows the workflow of the in-person signing process. Once you have reviewed the list, click Start.
2. A screen will appear, asking the host to pass control of the session to the first signer (this might be the host, if they set themselves as the first signer, in the signing order). That person should take control of the device and click Continue.
3. This signer will need to click to read the Electric Record and Signature Disclosure. After reading this, the signer will need to check the box to agree to the disclosure, then click Continue.
4. Click Start, at the top left of the form.
5. When someone clicks on their first signature, DocuSign will have them review their name, signature and initials. They can make any edits to their name or initials. Click Adopt and Sign, when finished.
6. The signer will then complete all of their assigned fields. Once they have completed all of their assigned fields, they will click Finish, at the top right of the page or bottom of the form(s).
- Use the Tab key to easily move from field to field.
7. A modal will appear, if this signer wants a copy of the signed form, they can enter their email address and click Continue. They can also skip this field and just click Continue, though they will then not receive a copy.
8. A screen will appear, showing the signing progress. Click Sign, at the top left of the page, to advance to the next signer.
9. Repeat steps 1-8 for each signer. Once the Envelope is completed, the completed signing process page will appear. Here you can click to download or print the completed Envelope. A copy of the completed Envelope will also be emailed to everyone who opted in.
The completed versions of the Envelope and Documents will also appear in your DocuSign Room, where you can pull them into the Opportunity.
Please sign in to leave a comment.