When using DocuSign with Command, we generally use DocuSign Rooms, which does not support in-person signing. That being said, we do have a way for you to set this up, where you can create the DocuSign Envelope in your Room, save the Envelope, and then do the in-person signing through the eSignature section of DocuSign's system.
To learn how to set up in-person signing for a DocuSign Envelope, follow the steps below:
Create the Envelope
1. Access the DocuSign Room for the Opportunity in question.
- Click here to learn how to access the DocuSign Room for an Opportunity.
2. Add all of the required forms to the Documents tabs of the DocuSign Room.
- Click here to learn how to add documents to a DocuSign Room.
3. Click the Envelopes tab, at the top of the page, then at the top right of the page, click + New.
You will be directed to a page where you will fill out fields of information for the Envelope:
4. Enter the Envelope Name.
5. You will then add documents to the Envelope:
Add a document from the Room:
- Click Room Docs, select the desired documents, and click Add Selected when done.
Use a Template:
- Click Use a Template.
- On the left side of the page, click Shared with Me, to use Templates that your Market Center has created for you, or stay on the My Templates page, if you have already created Templates for yourself.
- Select the desired Templates, and click Add Selected when done.
6. Now we need to add recipients. For each of the recipients, click the Add Recipient drop-down and select one of the options below:
- Pre-Tagged Roles - if you selected documents that were added by DocuSign/ZipForms, or selected a Template, you will need to use this option for everyone who has to complete fields in the Envelope. The forms will include DocuSign fields that are unique to a specific signer, which you must label using this option.
- A pop-up will appear, use the checkboxes to select the role you want to add.
- You will then need to use the Recipient drop-down to match the role with the correct recipient. For example, I set Paul as Buyer 1 here. Paul will then complete all of the fields that have been tagged for the Buyer 1 role.
- Room Participants - use this option to add anyone who has been invited to the Room, in the People tab.
- Email Address - using this option, you can add anyone to the Envelope by including their name and email address.
7. For each person you added to the Envelope, click the two drop-downs to specify if the recipient needs to sign, view, or receive a copy of the envelope. You can also choose Specify Recipient, which will allow that person to fill in the name and email address of the pre-tagged role recipients who are at their same position or later in the signing order.
8. Enter your email subject and email message in the corresponding fields. Keep in mind, we are going to have to find this Envelope in a list of every Envelope you have ever created, this subject line is going to be how you will be able to identify this specific Envelope.
9. Once this is done, click Save & Close, at the top right of the page.
Set Up In-person Signing
1. At the top right of the page, click your profile picture or initials, and choose Switch to eSignature from the drop-down.
2. Click Manage, at the top of the page.
3. Click Drafts, on the left side of the page, then find the Envelope you just saved, and click Continue.
4. Click Continue, at the top left of the page.
5. Now, scroll down to the Recipients section, click the Needs to Sign drop-down, on the recipients who are going to sign in-person, and choose In Person Signer.
6. For each person you do this to, choose the Host Name. This will be the person whose device will be used to do the in-person signing. The best practice is for the primary agent, who will be at the signing, to be the Host.
7. Once everything is correct,on this details page, click Next at the top right of the page.
8. You will now see the documents you added to the Envelope, with all of the labeled fields. The last step you will take is to make any final edits to these documents. The edits you make to the documents here will not update the forms in the Room, they are only for this specific Envelope.
9. From here, if you are ready for everyone to sign now, click Send.
- If you are going to sign later, click the Actions drop-down, then choose Save and Close.
Sign the Forms
1. Once the host of the signing hits Send, a screen that will appear that shows the workflow of the in-person signing process. Once you have reviewed the list, click Start.
2. A screen will appear, asking the host to pass control of the session to the first signer (this might be the host, if they set themself as the first signer, in the signing order). That person should take control of the device and click Continue.
3. This signer will need to click to read the Electric Record and Signature Disclosure. After reading this, the signer will need to check the box to agree to the disclosure, then click Continue.
4. Click Start, at the top left of the form.
5. When someone clicks on their first signature, DocuSign will have them review their name, signature and initials. They can make any edits to their name or initials. Click Adopt and Sign, when finished.
6. The signer will then complete all of their assigned fields. Once they have completed all of their assigned fields, they will click Finish, at the top right of the page or bottom of the form(s).
- Use the Tab key to easily move from field to field.
7. A modal will appear, if this signer wants a copy of the signed form, they can enter their email address and click Continue. They can also skip this field and just click Continue, though they will then not receive a copy.
8. A screen will appear, showing the signing progress. Click Sign, at the top left of the page, to advance to the next signer.
9. Repeat steps 1-8 for each signer. Once the Envelope is completed, the completed signing process page will appear. Here you can click to download or print the completed Envelope. A copy of the completed Envelope will also be emailed to everyone who opted in.
The completed versions of the Envelope and Documents will also appear in your DocuSign Room, where you can pull them into the Opportunity.