Keller Williams has partnered with Twilio to enable agents to send text messages to contacts through Command. This is done by purchasing a monthly subscription plan of credits, with any unused credits rolling over to the next month. Command will automatically track usage and Kelle will send notifications of responses. You can also track your usage of Twilio in the Command Settings.
While KW has integrated Twilio's messaging service with Command in the past, Twilio and KW have joined forces to make sending and receiving SMS/MMS messages seamless in Command. When Twilio is used in conjunction with Command, this will allows users to send automatic texts to their leads and contacts, using SmartPlans, and users will be able to send and receive one-off texts to/from their leads and contacts through the Contacts applet. Replies also trigger a notification through the Command app, where you can respond on-the-go.
Options for Setting Up Your Twilio Number
The most important thing to remember with the new Twilio integration is that you must take action as soon as this goes live, if you are currently using Twilio in Command. Once this goes live, your current Twilio number will stop working in Command, and you won't be able to use Twilio with Command until you purchase a Twilio subscription and get your Twilio number set up in Command Settings.
If you use Twilio in Command right now, you will have to take one of the following actions:
- Transfer your current Twilio number to your Command account.
- With this option, you get to keep your current Twilio number.
- You will have the option of closing the old account, or keeping it active for use outside of Command.
- If you keep the old account active, you will need to contact Twilio Support to get a new number for that account.
- If you choose to close your old account, the remaining balance, in your old Twilio account, will be refunded within 10 business days,
- There will be a delay of around 24 hours, while Twilio Support transfers your number.
- Start fresh and create a brand new Twilio account.
- This option will allow you to create a new Twilio account through Command.
- You will be able to select a local number, with no hassle.
- Once you set up your new Twilio number, you can immediately start using it in Command.