When you import contacts into Command using the Command Contact Import Template, sometimes you might find that the whole import failed, or you might see that a few of the contacts didn't import, while others did.
- Click here to learn how to import contacts into Command.
This could be caused by a number of reasons, which is why we built the Import Log settings page into Command. This page shows you a high-level view of the number of contacts that imported and failed, with links to download an error report and the original import file.
- If you made any changes to any of the columns, when you added your contacts to the Command Contact Import Template, none of the contacts will import. Ensure that you only add to the spreadsheet, don't move, delete, or edit any of the column headers.
- If you try to import a contact that has the same email address or phone number (work phone is excluded from this) as a contact that already exists in your database, that contact will not import.
- If you archived a contact, but did not fully delete it, you will not be able to import that contact in Command. Ensure that you archive and delete a contact, if you want to import it into Command.
- Click here to learn how to archive and delete contacts in Command.
Follow the steps below to learn how to access and use the Import Log in Command:
1. Log in to https://agent.kw.com with your KW login credentials.
2. Click your name, at the top right of the page, and choose Settings from the drop-down.
3. On the left side of the page, click Command Settings, then Import Logs, and choose My Logs.
Date Started - this is the date and time that you started the import.
Date Completed - this is the date and time that the import finished bringing contacts into your database.
Contacts Imported - this shows the number of contacts that were successfully imported.
Contacts Failed - this shows the number of contacts that failed to import.
Original File - click Download to download the original file that you used to import the list of contacts. You can use this file to correct any errors that you find in the Error File (see #6). You can then re-import the list of contacts, after removing the agents who successfully imported, to get all of the contacts into Command.
Error File - click Download to download a report of the contacts that failed to import. Each contact that failed will appear in the downloaded spreadsheet, along with the contact details entered and the reason it failed. Reference the error message to make corrections and re-import the failed contacts.