While Ownership determines who has total control over a lead/contact, the Account field is what allows us to be flexible with lead/contact management. You can own a lead/contact, but you can use the Account field to decide if you want to work the lead/contact in your personal or team Command account.
- If you change the Account field to the team, you can work the personally owned lead/contact in the team Command account, while retaining ownership, and use team standards to manage.
- On the other hand, you can set the Account field to yourself, and manage the lead/contact in your personal Command account, using your own standards.
Only the Rainmaker and associates with Enhanced or Unlimited can make changes to the Account field, for team-owned leads/contacts.
For leads/contacts that you personally own, you have total control over this, and even the Rainmaker doesn't have the ability make this change for you.
To learn how to switch the account on a lead/contact, follow the steps below:
1. Log in to https://agent.kw.com with your Keller Williams login credentials.
2. Click your name, at the top right of the page, and select the correct account.
- If you are moving leads/contacts from the personal account to the team, select your personal account.
- If you are moving leads/contacts from the team account to the personal account, select your team account.
3. Click the Contacts icon, , on the left sidebar.
4. If you are in the team account moving a lead/contact to an agent's personal Command account, you will need to click the Filters button, open the Owner filter drop-down, and select either the Me (Your Name) or Team (Team Name) (only agents with Enhanced/Unlimited permissions can change the account for team-owned leads/contacts) options.
- This will ensure you don't bulk select a lead/contact that you don't have access to change the account for.
- If you are in your personal Command account moving a personal lead/contact to the team, you have full access to do this, regardless of which lead/contact you select, and so don't need to use these filters.
5. Check the box next to the lead/contact(s) you want to transfer, click the Select Bulk Action drop-down, and select Change Account.
You can also do this through the contact record of a single lead/contact:
6. Select the Account you want to switch to, then click Choose Account.
- If you switch the Account from the team to an agent, that agent will now have total ownership over that lead/contact.
- If you switch the Account on a lead/contact that you own, you will keep that ownership, but will now be able to manage it in the account you chose.