While Ownership determines who has total control over a lead/contact, the new Account field is what allows us to be flexible with lead/contact management. You can own a lead/contact, but you can use the Account field to decide if you want to work the lead/contact in your personal or team Command account.
- If you change the Account field to the team, you can work the personally owned lead/contact in the team Command account, while retaining ownership, and use team standards to manage.
- On the other hand, you can set the Account field to yourself, and manage the lead/contact in your personal Command account, using your own standards.
Only the Rainmaker and associates with Enhanced or Unlimited can make changes to the Account field, for team owned leads/contacts.
For leads/contacts that you personally own, you have total control over this, and the Rainmaker doesn't even have the ability make this change for you.
To learn how to switch the account on a lead/contact, follow the steps below:
1. Log in to https://agent.kw.com with your Keller Williams login credentials.
2. Click your name, at the top right of the page, and select the correct account.
- If you are moving leads/contacts from the personal account to the team, select your personal account.
- If you are moving leads/contacts from the team account to the personal account, select your team account.
3. Click the Contacts icon, , on the left sidebar.
4. Find and click the name of the contact/lead.
There is also a bulk option for this. Check the boxes next to the names of the leads/contacts that you want to change the Account for, then use the Select Bulk Action drop-down to select Change Account (at the bottom of the list). Choose the Account that you want to send the leads/contacts to, then click Change.
5. At the top of the lead/contact record, click the three dots and select Choose Account.
6. Select the Account you want to switch to, then click Choose Account.
If you switched the Account from the team to an agent, that agent will now have total ownership over that lead/contact.
If you switched the Account on a lead/contact that you own, you will keep that ownership, but will now be able to manage it in the account you chose.