When an agent's client has accepted an offer the agent can then submit a commission request for the Opportunity. If the deal falls through, the agent can still submit a Commission Termination request, start receiving/submitting new offers, and submit a new Commission request when ready.
2. Once you submit a Commission Request for an Opportunity, you will no longer be able to make certain edits:
If you needed to make any of these changes after the Commission Request has been submitted, reach out to your MCA and have them return the request, which allow you to make full edits.
3. When you submit a Commission Request for an Opportunity that is in either the Cultivate or Appointment phase, the system will automatically move it to the first stage of the Active phase.
To submit a Commission Request for an Opportunity:
1. Log in to https://agent.kw.com with your Keller Williams login credentials.
2. Click the Opportunities icon, , on the left sidebar.
3. From the Opportunities Dashboard, click on the phase, where your Opportunity is located, then click on the Opportunity Title.
4. Once in the Opportunity, click the Offers & Commissions tab, at the top of the page.
5. Find your accepted offer and click Manage Commission.
1. The Commissions page will auto-fill with the data you entered into the accepted offer. In the General Information section, you can make any last minute adjustments by clicking Edit General Information.
2. A window will appear where you can edit the Sales Price, Commission Rate, Contract Date, and Closed Date. Click Save Changes once you're done.
Add Co-Broker Payment
1. If you need to add a Co-Broker payment you can do so by clicking Add Co-Broker Payment right above the commission details. If not, you can skip this section.
If you associate a Broker Vendor with your Opportunity, in the new Parties to the Transaction section of Opportunity Details, that broker information will auto-populate into this section and you would only need to adjust the Commission Percentage/Amount here.
The Co-Broker payment does not come out of the Total Commission for the agent, but instead is an additional payment separate from it.
2. Enter the information in all of the required fields and click Save Changes.
For each agent added to the Commission Request, you will see Cap Status information. The Cap Status data here is not meant to show what the Cap Status will be after the deal closes, but where it currently stands. Also, this metric is not as accurate here as it is in Reports, but is more of a general idea of what your Cap Status is.
To find the most accurate data around Cap Status, access the Associate Income Summary Report, which uses official Transmittal data. This report updates once per month. At the beginning of each month, financial data is processed through Transmittal. Once that data is finished processing, this report will update with new data. The exact date this is completed each month varies, but usually the data is updated by the 6th of each month.
1. If you need to make any adjustments to your deductions, click Edit Agent Payment. If you have split a unit with another agent, make sure you've distributed the other half of the unit properly.
2. When you make the adjustment to the unit, click Calculate Commission and the Agent Gross Commission will update.
Deductions, Concessions, Bonuses, and Referrals
1. Each agent will have a financial breakdown details section. In the Deductions section, there are spaces provided where each agent can donate to KW Cares, KW Kids Can, and the BOLD Scholarship fund.
If there is anything else that needs to be deducted from the total, click Add Item, below the Net to Agent amount.
2. In the Add Item form, first select the type of deduction, complete the corresponding form, keeping an eye on the required fields (these will be different for each type). Click Add when finished:
E&O (Errors and Omissions insurance fee): This field will not be an option when adding an item, but will always be a field that shows above KW Cares. Not all Market Centers collect this fee through closing, so you might need to keep this at $0, though talk to your MCA to be sure.
Bonus (credit) - an additional fixed amount added to the standard commission amount normally to incentivize offers in a specified time frame.
Use case: A home builder might pay X % commission, however when close to selling out a subdivision may offer an additional amount if a contract assigned by a particular date.
Concession - an amount of the commission generally owed to the agent but waived in order to get the deal to close.
Use case: An agent could waive a portion of the commission to cover a home warranty to alleviate buyer fears from the results of an inspection. It’s a tracking mechanism, not everyone uses it.
Deduction (debit) - payment for an expense incurred by the agent, paid from the agent’s net commission by the MC
Use case: As an agent, I contract with a transaction coordinator for $X for closing. The MC deducts $X from my commission and cuts a check directly to the transaction coordinator.
Inside Referral- a portion of the commission that is sent to an agent inside your MC
Use Case: As an agent, I would like to send a referral fee to an agent inside my Market Center.
Outside Referral - referral fee that is sent to another broker. It is leaving my brokerage and paying for a lead.
Use Case: When an agent needs to pay out a referral fee to another brokerage.
- The information in this form is connected to the Market Center's Vendor Database. As you start typing, you might find that the Agent Representative has already been added, and selecting the existing option will auto-fill most of the fields in the form.
- If you add a new Representative, Branch (the local branch), or Company (the national brand), the new addition will be submitted to your Market Center leadership to potentially add to the larger database.
- Even if they reject the new submission, the information will still be valid for this Commission and you will be able to successfully submit the Commission Request.
3. Click Save Changes when you're finished.
If the nonprofit deduction fields are left blank, with no number entered, the system will automatically populate $10 into those fields when the commission request is submitted.
Add Another Agent
1. If you need to add an agent split, you will enable this functionality, by clicking Add Another Agent.
2. In the Add Agent form, start typing the agent's name and select the name from the drop-down list. You will only see a list of agents from your Market Center. If you are adding someone outside your Market Center, see the Agent Payment section to learn how to add that.
3. Now you can distribute units and commission totals to the secondary agent. When you make the adjustment to the unit, click Calculate Commission and the Agent Gross Commission will update.
Repeat this process to distribute the unit and commission totals to as many agents as you need. As you add secondary agents, the unit totals must equal 1 and commission totals must add up to what is shown in the the Pricing Details section at the top of the page.
4. Enter the additional deductions as needed, then click Save Changes.
Add Notes and Submit Commissions
1. Before you submit, you can click + Add Note, on the right side of the page, to leave a note for your MCA or Compliance Coordinator. They will see this note as they are reviewing the Commission request for this Opportunity.
2. Once your unit and commission totals are balanced and each agent's deductions have been entered, click Submit, on the right side of the page.
3. After you click Submit, some error banners may appear beneath the summary if there is information that is incomplete or missing from the commission request. If that happens, make the necessary changes then resubmit.
4. If you have not already opted in to donating to either KW Cares or KW Kids Can, a pop-up will appear giving you the option of doing so. Either click Skip Donation and Update, or select a donation amount for either organization, and click Donate and Submit.
- You can also check the box labeled "Apply this same donation to all of my future commissions" if you want to set these as your default charitable donations.
If you haven't set up Recurring Charitable Donations or entered a donation into the Commission Request, this pop-up defaults the KW Cares and KWKC donations to $10.
If you don't want to donate, ensure you click Skip Donation and Update.