When a team leaves one Market Center and joins a new one, you should not create a brand new team in the new Market Center. The old Market Center should submit a team transfer request, and the new Market Center should accept that request.
The reason for this is that the existing team would lose all previous production, with regards to KWRI Awards, if a brand new team is created. Also, this MC Team Management Tool is the driver behind the organization and roster of Command team functionality, so that existing team would lose all of the data and contacts from their existing team Command account, if you create a brand new team. Access to this tool is based on the role a leader has on their KW White Pages profile, which include the following roles: MCA, Assistant MCA, and MC Leader.
To transfer teams and manage incoming transfers, in the MC Team Management Tool:
1. Log in to https://agent.kw.com with your KW login credentials.
2. Click your name, at the top right of the page, and choose Settings from the drop-down.
3. On the left side of the page, click CommandMC Settings, and select MC Team Management from the drop-down.
Transfer a Team (Old Market Center)
1. Find and select the team, by clicking on the Team Name.
2. At the top right of the page, click Transfer Team.
3. Use the drop-down to select the Market Center the team is transferring to, then click Send Request.
A banner will appear indicating that the team has a pending transfer. No edits can be made to the team while the transfer is pending. If edits need to be made, you will need to cancel the transfer request and reinitiate, once the changes are made.
Manage Incoming Team Transfers (New Market Center)
1. At the top of the MC Team Management page, click Pending Team Requests.
2. There will be a list of pending transfer requests on this page. Find this specific transfer request, then either click Approve or Decline.
Before accepting a team transfer request, ensure that all of the team members, included in that team, have been added to your Market Center's associate roster in WinMORE. This will ensure the transfer happens smoothly, with no interruptions to the workflow.
3. A confirmation will appear, click Yes, Approve Request.
4. Now the team will show in the new Market Center's teams list. By default this newly transferred team will have no associates added, and the team roster will be blank. Add the team members to the team roster in the MC Team Management Tool.
- Those agents will need to be added to the new Market Center's roster, in WinMORE, before you can add them to the newly transferred team.