|WARNING! You must comply with the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) and any other federal, state or local laws, including for B2B (business-to-business) calls and texts. Never call or text a number on any Do Not Call list, and do not use an autodialer or artificial voice or prerecorded messages without proper consent. For more information about the TCPA and DNC laws, visit https://www.kwconnect.com/page/industry-resource/dnc. Contact your attorney to ensure your compliance.|
In the team Command account, team SmartPlans are an efficient way for team tasks to be created systematically, and team Opportunity checklists populate tasks. In addition to that, team members of any permission level can manually create and manage team tasks within the Tasks applet. However, the permission level of the team member will determine what team tasks they can see and manage:
Standard - Team members with Standard permissions are able to create and assign tasks to anyone on the team. If a contact is associated with the task, they can assign it to Enhanced and Unlimited permission team members as well as Standard permission team members as long as they have been designated as an assignee or collaborator on the contact record. However, they are only able to see and manage tasks that they have either been assigned or created.
Enhanced/Unlimited - Team members with Enhanced or Unlimited permissions are also able to create and assign tasks to anyone on the team and associate any team contact with the task as well. They are also able to see and manage all team tasks.
To create tasks for your team:
1. Log in to https://agent.kw.com with your KW login credentials.
2. Click your name, at the top right of the page, and ensure that your team is selected, not your personal account.
3. Click the Tasks icon, , on the left sidebar.
4. Click Create New Task at the top right of the page.
5. At the top of the form, enter the Task Name (500 character limit).
6. In the Linked To section, you have the option of linking the task to up to 50 contacts, or to an Opportunity, though you can also choose not to link it:
- If you choose not to link it, it will become an unlinked, or general task. Just skip this section and proceed to step 9 below.
If you want to associate this task with any contacts, click Link Contacts. The system will create a separate task, with the details entered in the Create Task form (and will pull in important contact details), for each contact associated in this way.
- If you want to associate this task with an Opportunity, click Link Opportunities. This also populates the task into the Opportunity checklist, so you will be able to find this as a checklist item in that applet as well. When making this selection, you will not only be able to select the Opportunity to associate with, but also which Opportunity Phase/Stage to add the task to, and whether to designate this task for Client Updates (if Client Updates are turned on for that specific Opportunity).
7A. Link Contacts - once you click to link contacts, a modal will appear where you can use the search and select up to 50 contacts. Click Link when you are finished selecting contacts.
- As you are selecting contacts in the modal, there is no visual indicator to who you have selected, as you are using the search and making separate selections. Once you click Link, you will be able to see the full list of selected contacts, where you can remove contacts and/or click to link more.
7B. Link Opportunity - once you click to link to an Opportunity, first a search will appear for you to select the type of Opportunity, then you can use the search to find the specific Opportunity. Once the Opportunity is selected, you will have options to choose which Phase/Stage to populate the task in, for the Opportunity checklist, and whether to include in Client Updates.
1. Team Members: You can only link tasks in your personal Command account to personal Opportunities. If you need to link to a team Opportunity, you must switch to your team Command account to create the task.
2. If you need to create a task for an Opportunity in a future Phase/Stage, it is recommended you do so in Opportunities. If you create the future task in Tasks, when that Opportunity moves to that future Phase/Stage, the usual Opportunity checklist for that Stage will not populate, only this one-off task.
8. If you linked the task to contacts, you also have the option of choosing a Task Type. Choose either Call, Text, or Other.
- The big difference between a regular task and Call/Text task happens when you mark the task as complete. When you mark a Call/Text task as complete, the system will bring up a modal (learn more about managing tasks in Command) that allows you to enter notes about the call, and the system will automatically log the call as an activity on the associated contact's Contact Record.
9. Next you have the option to enter a task Description (6000 character limit) and a Hyperlink.
- The hyperlink field is useful if there is a web page you want to let a contact know about on a phone call, or maybe you are setting an internal task for yourself and want to link to the resource you need while actually completing the task.
10. Set a priority level for the task, the default is None. The priority level is a way to organize your tasks, where you can use filters to view what is most important, in the moment.
11. Select a due date for the task. Click in the Due Date field, use the calendar widget to select the date, then select the time you want to make the task due.
- By default, tasks are due at 11:59 PM (All Day), on the date set, but you can adjust this as needed.
- The system uses Central Standard Time (CST) to calculate when something is past due, using the time set on the task.
12. In the Repeat field, choose if you want this task to repeat using a few options:
- Daily - the task will repeat every day
- Weekly - the task will repeat weekly, on the day of the week you are creating this task (Weekly on Tuesday)
- Monthly - the task will repeat monthly, on the day of the month you are creating this task (Monthly on the third Tuesday)
- Yearly - the task will repeat once per year, on the exact date you are creating this task (Yearly on October 7th)
- Custom - this option gives you flexibility to set the repeat based on type of repeat (day, week, month, year), day of repeat, and gives you the ability to set a custom ending setting (never, specific date, number of occurrences)
|Repeating a task is an option for Contact Tasks and Unlinked Tasks only. Opportunity Tasks do not have the ability to be repeated.|
13. Team members can assign the team task to themselves or a team member. To do so, click the Assignee drop down, at the bottom of the form, and select an assignee for the task. If a contact is associated with the task, the drop-down will show that as an option to select.
14. Click Create when you are finished.
Once created, your team can then manage the new team task.