In the team Command account, team SmartPlans are an efficient way for team tasks to be created systematically. In addition to that, team members of any permission level can manually create and manage team tasks within the Tasks applet. However, the permission level of the team member will determine what team tasks they can see and manage:
Standard - Team members with Standard permissions are able to create and assign tasks to anyone on the team. If a contact is associated with the task, they can assign it to Enhanced and Unlimited permission team members as well as Standard permission team members as long as they have been designated as an assignee or collaborator on the contact record. However, they are only able to see and manage tasks that they have either been assigned or created.
Enhanced/Unlimited - Team members with Enhanced or Unlimited permissions are also able to create and assign tasks to anyone on the team and associate any team contact with the task as well. They are also able to see and manage all team tasks.
To create tasks for your team:
1. Log in to https://agent.kw.com with your KW login credentials.
2. Click your name, at the top right of the page, and ensure that your team is selected, not your personal account.
3. Click the Tasks icon, , on the left sidebar.
4. At the top of the page, ensure Contact Tasks is selected.
- Opportunity Tasks populate from the Opportunity checklists you set up in your Opportunity pipelines across both your personal and team accounts. These tasks are managed separately.
Create Team Task
1. Click Create Team Task.
2. If the team task is for a specific team contact, click Associate Contacts.
3. Search for the contact(s), select them from the list of results, and click Associate Contacts. If more than one contact is selected, a single task will be created for each contact.
4. If the task is a Call Task then click the Mark as a Call Task checkbox. This will populate a task name into the corresponding field.
- Call tasks are indicated with a phone icon, next to the task name, on the Tasks dashboard.
- The big difference between a regular task and call task happens when you mark the task as complete. When you mark a call task as complete, the system will bring up a modal (see the Mark as Complete section) that allows you to enter notes about the call, and the system will automatically log the call as an activity on the associated contact's Contact Record.
5. Enter the task name and enter a task description (optional).
6. Set a priority level for the task, the default is None. The priority level is a way to organize your tasks, where you can use filters to view what is most important, in the moment.
7. Select a due date for the task. Click in the Due Date field, use the calendar widget to select the date, then select the time you want to make the task due. By default, tasks are due at 11:59 PM, on the date set, but you can adjust this as needed.
- The system uses Central Standard Time (CST) to calculate when something is past due, using the time set on the task.
8. Users can assign the team task to themselves or a team member. To do so, click the Assignee drop down and select an assignee for the task. If a contact is associated with the task, the team member must be designated as an assignee or collaborator on the contact record.
9. In the Hyperlink field, enter any links to internet pages you will need for this task. This is useful if there is a web page you want to let a contact know about on a phone call, or maybe you are setting an internal task for yourself and want to link to the resource you need.
10. Click Create Task.
After the team task has been created the user can then manage the task they created for the team.