In the team Command account, team SmartPlans are an efficient way for team tasks to be created systematically. In addition to that, team members of any permission level can manually create and manage team tasks within the Tasks applet. However, the permission level of the team member will determine what team tasks they can see and manage:
Standard - Team members with Standard permissions are able to create and assign tasks to anyone on the team. If a contact is associated with the task, they can assign it to Enhanced and Unlimited permission team members as well as Standard permission team members that were also assigned to that team contact. However, they are only able to see and manage tasks that they have either been assigned or created.
Enhanced/Unlimited - Team members with Enhanced or Unlimited permissions are also able to create and assign tasks to anyone on the team and associate any team contact with the task as well. They are also able to see and manage all team tasks.
Once a team member has created tasks, or has had tasks that have been generated from team SmartPlans, they will be able to do certain actions to manage these tasks:
- Use the search and filters to find specific tasks
- Complete tasks
- Reschedule tasks
- Archive tasks
- Add notes to a contact through a task
To manage your team tasks:
1. Log in to https://agent.kw.com with your KW login credentials.
2. Click your name, at the top right of the page, and ensure that your team is selected, not your personal account.
3. Click the Tasks icon, , on the left sidebar.
4. At the top of the page, ensure Contact Tasks is selected.
- Opportunity Tasks populate from the Opportunity checklists you set up in your Opportunity pipelines across both your personal and team accounts. These tasks are managed separately.
Tasks Search and Filters
1. Use the search to search for task names in the list. This search does not look for associated contacts, only the name of the task.
2. Use the quick filters on the far right to quickly access upcoming tasks.
3. For more detailed filters, click Filter, next to the search. Here you will be able to choose to show only call tasks, select a due date timeframe, and choose tasks with a specific priority level. Click Apply Filters when ready.
Call tasks are indicated with a phone icon, next to the task name. The big difference between a regular task and call task happens when you mark the task as complete. When you mark a call task as complete, the system will bring up a modal (see the Mark as Complete section) that allows you to enter notes about the call, and the system will automatically log the call as an activity on the associated contact's Contact Record.
4. Click Clear Filters to revert back to the standard view.
Mark Task as Complete
1. Once you have completed the task, click the checkmark icon, , to the right of the task, to mark as complete.
2. You can also mark tasks as complete in bulk. Check the box next to each task you want to mark as complete. You will then see options appear at the bottom of the list, click Complete.
3. A confirmation pop-up will appear, which will be different depending on whether you are marking a regular or call task as complete.
- Regular Tasks - Click Complete Task to confirm. The completed task(s) will now appear in the "Completed" section of Tasks.
- Call Tasks - the confirmation will include the form data for adding a phone call activity to a contact. Enter the Call Interaction Outcome, enter a Description of the call, then click Complete Task.
Reschedule a Task
1. If you need to change the due date of a task, click the three dots, to the right of the task, then select Reschedule.
2. Use the date interval, or specific date, option to set a new due date for the task.
3. Click Reschedule.
Reassign a Task
1. Click the ellipses icon beside the desired task and select Reassign. For multiple tasks, click the checkbox beside the desired tasks then select Reassign from the list of bulk-action below.
2. For Standard permission users, if a contact is associated with the task they're reassigning, the team member they select must first be designated as an assignee or collaborator. Select the new task assignee from the drop-down.
3. Click Reassign Task.
Archive a Task
1. If you want to totally delete the task, click the three dots, to the right of the task, then select Archive.
2. You can also archive tasks in bulk. Check the box next to each task you want to archive. You will then see options appear at the bottom of the list, click Archive.
3. A confirmation will appear. Click Archive.
Add Notes to a Contact Through a Task
1. If a contact is associated with a task, users will have the ability to add a note to that contact's Contact Record, through the tasks applet. Click the three dots, to the right of the task, then select Add Note.
2. A pop-up will appear. Enter the contact notes, then click Add Note.
If you click on the contact name in the Tasks applet or go to Contacts and find this specific contact, you will see this note in the Contact Timeline and Notes section, on the right side of the Contact Record.