Contact Tasks in the Command App make it easy for you to see what you need to get accomplished for your business. These tasks come from SmartPlans or it could be tasks that have been manually created.
When you create a task, you have the ability to associate contacts with the task (if you associate multiple contacts with the same task, the system creates a separate task for each associate contact), set a priority level, set a due date, and include a hyperlink.
To create a contact task with the Command App:
1. Log in to the Command App with your KW login credentials.
2. Tap the blue circle, , at the bottom right corner of the screen, and select Add Task.
3. Enter the Task Name. There is a 500 character limit for this field.
4. If you want to associate this task with contacts, click Add/Remove, in the Linked To section. In the following screen, use the search to find and select contacts to associate with the task. Click Save, at the top right of the screen when you have selected all of the contacts you need.
- You can choose any number of contacts in this way. The system will create a separate task for each contact associated in this way, with the details entered in the Create Task form populated in each task.
5. Select the Task Type, then enter a Description for the task.
- Task Types include Call, Text, and Other. There are filters, in the Tasks tab, that allow you to use these types to find specific tasks.
- The Description field has a 10,000 character limit.
If you didn't associate any contacts with the task, the Task Type field will default to "Other," and will not be editable.
Call and Text Tasks
Call and Text tasks are indicated with a Call or Text button, next to the due date/time. If you tap the Call or Text button, you will see options for either making the phone call (using your device) or sending a text (either using your device or Twilio, if Twilio is set up).
The big difference between a regular task and call/text task happens when you mark the task as complete. When you mark a call task as complete, the system will bring up a modal (see the Mark as Complete section in the Manage Tasks article) that allows you to enter notes about the call/text, and the system will automatically log the call/text as an activity on the associated contact's Contact Record.
6. In the Hyperlink field, enter any links to web pages you will need for this task, and in the Priority field, select a priority level (High, Medium, Low, or None) for the task.
- Adding Hyperlinks is useful if there is a web page you want to let a contact know about on a phone call, or maybe you are setting an internal task for yourself and want to link to the resource you need.
- The priority level is a way to organize your tasks, where you can use filters to view what is most important, in the moment.
7. Right above the Due Date field, use the All Day checkbox to determine whether you want to set a Due Time for this task. Next, click in the Due Date field and select the date the task should become due.
- If you check the All Day checkbox, the due time will default to 11:59 pm, on the due date. You can skip to step 10 from here.
- If you do not check the All Day checkbox, you will be able to select a specific Due Time for the task, in the next step.
8. If you do not check the All Day checkbox, a second screen will appear for you to select a Due Time. There are two ways to set this, see the bullet points below, click Ok, at the bottom right of the pop-up when you have selected the correct time.
- At the bottom left of the pop-up, you can click either the clock or keyboard icons to switch between the two options below.
- By default, a clock selector will appear. This will allow you to rotate the selector to first select the hour, then the minutes. You can click either the hour or minutes, at the top of the pop-up, to switch between the two. You can also select either AM or PM, at the top of the pop-up, to select which you want to use here.
- If you utilize the keyboard selector, type the hour and minute for the due time, then select AM or PM.
9. Once you are ready, click Save, at the top right of the screen.
Now that you have created the task(s), learn how to manage your tasks in the Command App.