In the Command App, it's easy to add leads and contacts to your Command Contacts database while you are on-the-go. As we all know, a KW agent's business starts with their database, and with the Command App, you can grow your business whether in the office or in the field.
Being on a team, it is important to remember that your personal Command database and team Command database are totally separate, and you are able to switch between these two accounts within the app. There are a few considerations to keep in mind when adding a lead/contact in the team Command account:
- When adding a lead/contact in the team Command account, the Owner will always be the team. To create a personally-owned lead/contact, go to your desktop, add it to your personal Command account, and then change the account to the team. That will ensure you own the contact, while working it in the team Command account.
The Assignee will always be the person adding the lead/contact, and you are not able to add Collaborators. Once you add the lead/contact, you will be able to go to your desktop and both edit the Assignee and add Collaborators as needed.
- If you were needing to add neighborhoods or custom fields to a contact, you would need to do so on the desktop version of Command. However, you can still quickly add important information on the Command App and then follow up with more details on your desktop if necessary.
To add a team lead or contact in the Command App:
1. Log in to the Command App with your KW login credentials.
2. Tap your profile picture, at the top left, and ensure your team account is selected.
3. Tap the blue circle, , at the bottom right corner of the screen, and select Add Contact.
Mark as Lead
1. At the top of the screen, use the Mark as Lead toggle to designate whether this is a contact (toggled off) or a lead (toggled on).
1. In the Tags section, click Add/Remove Tags.
2. Select any combination of tags, then click Done, at the top right of the screen.
You are not able to create new tags in the Command App. If you need to apply a tag that is not on your list, a team member with Enhanced or Unlimited permissions will need to go to a desktop, create the team tag, then you can create the lead/contact.
1. Enter the primary contact information for the lead/contact. Further down, you will have an opportunity to add additional contact info:
- Contact Name - Enter the contact's name.
- Primary Phone - Enter the contact's phone number, and label it as Home, Mobile, Work, or Other.
- Primary Email - Enter the contact's email address, and label the address as Home, Work, Rental, Vacation, Imported, or Other.
- Primary Address - Enter the physical address of your contact, and label it as Home, Work, or Other. If this is the contact's mailing address, tap the Same as Mailing Address checkbox that is displayed further down the address fields.
It is not possible to make changes to the Owner field. When creating a lead/contact in the team account, on the desktop or app, the Owner will always be the team itself.
To create a personally-owned lead/contact, go to your desktop, add it to your personal Command account, and then change the account to the team. That will ensure you own the contact, while working it in the team Command account.
1. In the Lead Source section, use the From List drop-down to select whether the lead source is from your lead source list (From List), or a contact (From Contact).
2. Tap on the Lead Source field and select the source from the list that appears.
You are not able to create new lead sources in the Command App. If you need to apply a lead source that is not on your list, a team member with Enhanced or Unlimited permissions will need to go to a desktop, create the team lead source, then you can create the lead/contact.
Assignee and Lead Routing
This section is not editable. By default, the Account will always be the team, the Assignee will always be the person adding the lead/contact, and you are not able to add Collaborators to a lead/contact using the Command App.
- Once you add the lead/contact, you will be able to go to your desktop and both edit the Assignee and add Collaborators as needed.
Additional Contact Information
1. In this section, add any addition contact information you have for this lead/contact:
- Preferred Method of Contact - Choose between Email, Phone, or Text.
- Legal Name - Enter a legal name, for the lead/contact, if it is different than what they go by.
- Email - Enter any additional email addresses, and label the addresses as Personal, Work, or Other.
- Tap Add Email, to add additional email addresses.
- Phone - Enter any additional phone numbers, and label them as Home, Mobile, Work, or Other.
- Tap Add Phone to add additional phone numbers.
- Address - Enter any other addresses that exist for the contact and label them as Home, Work, Rental, Vacation, Imported, or Other.
- Tap Add Address to additional addresses.
About, Relationships, Social Media, and Work
1. Enter additional details for the lead/contact:
- Description - Enter a description of your lead/contact. This is separate from any notes you add in the future.
- Birthday - Use the Month, Day and Year drop-downs to add their birthday. This will enable you to add them to the Birthday SmartPlan.
- Home Anniversary - Use the Month, Day and Year drop-downs to add their home anniversary date. This will enable you to add them to the Home Anniversary SmartPlan.
- Relationships - If any of your lead/contacts (that have already been added to your database) are associated with this person, add the relationship. Start typing their name and select the related lead/contact from the drop-down list. Then label the relationship from the relationships list.
- Tap Add Relationship if the contact you are entering is associated with more than one lead/contact in your database. You will then search and select the lead/contact before saving the update.
- Social Media - Add the lead/contact's social media profiles. Select the type of social media, then enter their profile ID or handle. The system will auto-fill the social media platforms domain name automatically.
- Work - Enter the contact's work information. Type out the company name then enter the contact's job title.
1. Once you have added all the information available, click Save, at the top right of the screen.