Using the Command App, it's easy to make edits to existing leads and contacts while you are on-the-go. There are some considerations to be aware of. For instance, if you were needing to add neighborhoods or custom fields to a contact you would need to do so on the desktop version of Command. However, you can still quickly add important information on the Command App and then follow up with more details on your desktop if necessary.
Being on a team, it is important to remember that your personal Command database and team Command database are totally separate, and you are able to switch between these two accounts within the app. Also, in the Command App, you are not able to edit the Owner, Assignee, or add Collaborators. You will need to go to your desktop and manage these fields there.
To edit a team lead/contact in the Command App:
1. Log in to the Command App with your KW login credentials.
2. Tap your profile picture, at the bottom right, and ensure your team account is selected.
3. Tap the Contacts, , icon at the bottom of the screen.
4. Select the lead/contact, tap the ellipses icon, , and then tap Edit, at the top right of the screen.
Swipe right on a contact to quickly edit!
Mark as Lead
1. At the top of the screen, use the Mark as Lead toggle to designate whether this is a contact (toggled off) or a lead (toggled on).
1. In the Tags section, click Add/Remove Tags.
2. Select any combination of tags, then click Done, at the top right of the screen.
You are not able to create new tags in the Command App. If you need to apply a tag that is not on your list, a team member with Enhanced or Unlimited permissions will need to go to a desktop, create the team tag, then you can edit the lead/contact.
You also have the ability to add tags to multiple contacts at one time using bulk actions:
Edit Basic Information
1. Edit the primary contact information for the lead/contact. Further down, you will have an opportunity to add additional contact info:
- Contact Name - Enter the lead/contact's name.
- Primary Phone - Enter the lead/contact's phone number, and label it as Home, Mobile, Work, or Other.
- Primary Email - Enter the lead/contact's email address, and label the address as Home, Work, Rental, Vacation, Imported, or Other.
- Primary Address - Enter the physical address of your lead/contact, and label it as Home, Work, or Other. If this is the contact's mailing address, tap the
- Same as Mailing Address - if this is the lead/contact's mailing address, check this box. If it is not, leave it unchecked. While you will be able to enter a secondary physical address farther down, it will not be possible to mark those as the mailing address.
It is not possible to make changes to the Owner field. When creating a lead/contact in the team account, on the desktop or app, the Owner will always be the team itself.
You do have the ability to edit the Owner, but will need to use a desktop to do it.
1. In the Lead Source section, use the From List drop-down to select whether the lead source is from your lead source list (From List), or a contact (From Contact).
2. Click in the Lead Source field and select the source from the list that appears.
You are not able to create new lead sources in the Command App. If you need to apply a lead source that is not on your list, a team member with Enhanced or Unlimited permissions will need to go to a desktop, create the team lead source, then you can edit the lead/contact.
Assignee and Lead Routing
This section is not editable. These settings would need to be edited on a desktop.
- Once you add the lead/contact, you will be able to go to your desktop and both edit the Assignee and add Collaborators as needed.
Additional Contact Information
1. In this section, add/edit any addition contact information you have for this lead/contact:
- Preferred Method of Contact - Choose between Email, Phone, or Text.
- Legal Name - Enter a legal name, for the lead/contact, if it is different than what they go by.
- Email - Enter any additional email addresses, and label the addresses as Personal, Work, or Other.
- Tap Add Email, to add additional email addresses.
- Phone - Enter any additional phone numbers, and label them as Home, Mobile, Work, or Other.
- Tap Add Phone to add additional phone numbers.
- Address - Enter any other addresses that exist for the contact and label them as Home, Work, Rental, Vacation, Imported, or Other.
- Tap Add Address to additional addresses.
About, Relationships, Social Media, and Work
1. Enter/edit additional details for the lead/contact:
- Description - Enter a description of your lead/contact. This is separate from any notes you add in the future.
- Birthday - Use the Month, Day and Year drop-downs to add their birthday. This will enable you to add them to the Birthday SmartPlan.
- Home Anniversary - Use the Month, Day and Year drop-downs to add their home anniversary date. This will enable you to add them to the Home Anniversary SmartPlan.
- Relationships - If any of your lead/contacts (that have already been added to your database) are associated with this person, add the relationship. Start typing their name and select the related lead/contact from the drop-down list. Then label the relationship from the relationships list.
- Tap Add Relationship if the contact you are entering is associated with more than one lead/contact in your database. You will then search and select the lead/contact before saving the update.
- Social Media - Add the lead/contact's social media profiles. Select the type of social media, then enter their profile ID or handle. The system will auto-fill the social media platforms domain name automatically.
- Work - Enter the contact's work information. Type out the company name then enter the contact's job title.
1. Once you have added all the information available, click Save, at the top right of the screen.