|Registration Requirements are not enabled for New Agent Sites, only legacy sites. The team is working on connecting these settings to the new sites and it will be ready soon!|
There is a new option for your KW Agent Site that could help drive more registrations and give more opportunities for capturing leads. By default, anyone can go on your website, use the property search, and access unlimited specific property detail pages, without creating an account.
With the new Registration settings, you can keep it unrestricted, or set requirements for consumers to register after a certain number of property page views. Once they reach the limit, they will be forced to register on your KW Agent Site and will not be able to view property details pages without registering. They will be able to continue to search on your site as the property search details pages open in a new tab when selected.
- These registration settings do not affect the KW App and only apply to your KW Agent Site.
To set registration requirements for your KW Agent Site:
1. Log in to https://agent.kw.com with your Keller Williams login credentials.
2. Click the Consumer icon, , on the left side of the page.
3. At the top right of the page, click Site & App Settings.
4. Scroll down and you will see the Registration section. Select a restriction option for how many property pages a visitor can view before they are forced to register or sign in:
- Unrestricted (default option) - a visitor will be able to view unlimited property pages on your KW Agent Site without being asked to register.
- 10 Properties - a visitor will be able to view 10 property pages on your KW Agent Site before being asked to register. When they click on the 11th property page, the registration pop-up will appear.
- 2 Properties - a visitor will be able to view 2 property pages on your KW Agent Site before being asked to register. When they click on the 3rd property page, the registration pop-up will appear.
- No Property Viewing - a visitor can use the search functionality, but will not be able to view any property pages without registering. When they click on the 1st property page, the registration pop-up will appear.
5. At the bottom left of the page, click Save.
Once saved, the registration settings should take immediate affect, though in some situations it might take up to an hour to process. When a consumer goes to your agent site, they will see a registration pop-up, when accessing the maximum number of property details pages, based on the settings you saved: