You can easily create calendar events on KWConnect.com. These events are viewable by KW associates on the calendar, and this will give you an event landing page that can be shared with other KW associates.
To create an event on the KWConnect.com calendar:
1. Log in to https://www.kwconnect.com with your KW login credentials.
2. At the top of the page, click Calendar.
3. At the top right of the actual calendar, click New Event.
1. Enter the Event Name. You can either type in a custom class name and select it from the drop-down that appears, or select from a pre-populated list of KWU classes to choose from. Selecting from the pre-populated list will allow potential attendees to search for the class using the Class Name search.
2. Enter a Description for the class.
1. Select the Region (required) the class will be held in. You also have the option of selecting a Market Center (optional), if this is not a regional event.
2. In the Online Event field, you have two options:
- Yes - you will then be prompted to enter the Timezone (required) for the class, and any webinar instructions.
- No - you will then be prompted to enter the Address (required) where the class will be held.
Event Date & Time
1. Using the calendar widget, set the Event Date & Time. You will see two calendars, with times under each. The use the calendar on the left to set the beginning time/date, then use the calendar on the right to select the end time/date.
2. If this is a recurring meeting, select Yes in the Recurring Event field. This will open options for choose the Recurring Frequency, and then options for the Recurring Even End By field (end on a specific date or based on number of occurrences).
Event Type and Registration
1. Select an Event Type, from the drop-down. If you choose class, you will see a Class Name field appear. Select the Class Name (these are more categorical than actual class names), which will help with searchability in the calendar. If the class you are teaching is not on the list, select Other.
2. Select whether External Registration is required or not. If you select yes, enter the Registration URL.
1. Select the Event Category, by choosing All Associates, Sales, or Leadership.
2. Select the Event Audience, by choosing Open to All, or KW Only. This will be displayed on the event details page, once the event is posted.
Skip the Visible to Public and Community Groups settings, those settings are no longer functional.
1. Choose the Instructor(s) for the course, then type in the Price. If it is free, you can type in the word free.
2. If you want to attach a file for attendees to access, click Choose File and select the file from your device.
Skip the Display this on Homepage checkbox, the KWConnect homepage no longer displays posts or events.
3. When you are finished, click either Submit or Submit & Continue.
- Clicking Submit & Continue will post the event and open a new event for you to create.